Help sick baby chick!!

OK, I would go ahead and treat all your chicks and chickens for coccidosis. Cocci is a fast killer and an easy fix if you catch it soon enough. The treatment will not hurt your birds even if they dont have coccidosis. The treatment is Corid (amprolium). For the powder it is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water for 5 days, make a new batch every day and make this their only water source.
If you get Corid 9.6% liquid solution. The dosage is 9.5cc to a gallon of water for five days.
Do not give vitamins while you are giving the treatment. YOu can find Corid at TSC in the cattle section.
corid.jpg
Corid1.jpg

Oh no! I'm so sorry!!
I had a chick who seemed fine when we got her from the breeder. But by the time we got her home, she was twitching her head a little. Within 48 hrs, she just stopped eating & drinking, seizured & died. Poor thing. There was nothing we could do & the breeder thought it was a something neurological.
Sometime you don't know & do the best you can.

Hopefully there won't be a need. But Just in case, here's a thread on tube feeding.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-supplies-and-where-to-get-them.915751/

Sending warmth & comfort to you. :hugs

You would think after all the predators killing your hens that you would be used to losing a chicken. Luckily I dont really lose chickens. This chick is actually the first to die this year.

Back
Top Bottom