Help too Hot?

jerwanman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 30, 2010
We have a somewhat warm day today. The incubater has been running 100.5 fan driven. For one week and one day. Today i came home from work and the temp was 102 and hum was 38 i did add water. The hum is rising .... Do I need to start over. My gan kids will feel so bad.

Thanks
Jerry

My incubator run between 99 - 100. It has gone up to 102 and I just open the lid for a couple of seconds or so. In a few minutes it will settle out. Some sites I've been on incubate up to 102. I wouldn't worry. Soon you will probably candle them. I candle mine at day 10. I don't worry about opening the incubator to candle the eggs. When a hen incubates her eggs she gets off her nest once in awhile.

Last edited:
Mine is a still air bator but I had it hike up to 104 on day 2 of incubating and all of the eggs are still developing along fine, I fixed the temp problem as soon as I seen it. I would say it was that hot for almost 10 to 11 hours. I candled them today and all 8 were just bouncing all over the place in the eggs, very very active! 102 for a day shouldn't really hurt them any.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom