Help Urgently Needed! Trembling Duckling

Once ducks are completely feathered in and they have a secure house where they will be able to get out of the weather if they want especially at night they shouldn’t need any heat. Give them a generous layer of bedding to snuggle down into they will be good to go.

Once ducks are completely feathered in and they have a secure house where they will be able to get out of the weather if they want especially at night they shouldn’t need any heat. Give them a generous layer of bedding to snuggle down into they will be good to go.

Thank you so much for all of your help & quick responses. :) I really appreciate it.

You have several ducklings. So it will help them keep warm when they huddle up. I put my Pekin ducklings outside at 2 weeks old when it was around 40 degrees outside. But there were several and they had a heat lamp and a house to go into to keep out of the wind. The hubs said they stunk too bad (and they did) so they either had to go, or go outside. So outside they went. And they did just fine.

You will find lots of opinions on heat lamps. I had one but I know a lot of people are against them because of the fire hazard.

Back
Top Bottom