Help!!! We've got lumps!!!!

Thank you, I would normally, but she is quite old, and super fit in all other respects, and and to put her under an anaesthetic would be the death of her, so am not prepared, yet, to go down this route. Thanks for your advice though.
Vets in your region put chickens under anesthesia? Our vets just flip them upside down and throw a towel over their heads…

Look , I truly don’t believe in homeopathy or detoxification. You need toxins in order to detox and each toxin has a different organic/inorganic compound , which mean each responds to a DIFFERENT treatment. If that’s fat, like Someone believes it is, then there are no toxins to remove.
Let’s say your girl is suffering from toxins, would you give her homeopathic medicine for a snakebite? Would ginger or aloe remove the toxins? Most likely not. Aloe does contain a big amount of micro compounds that can make your skin healthy, or help plants grow. But not if you eat that, only when applied on the skin. And not for snakebites.
We CAN say that technically, it does nothing wrong, but it IS usually a HUGE waste of money and also time. Like vitamin D that were not prescribed to someone, that most likely would not hurt, but it’s a massive waste of money… you can get it from the sun.
Placebo effect can help with curing a disease but the chickens won’t believe that swollen veggie pills are going to help them, so they wouldn’t.
Well thats not very fair. Just because you don't believe in homeopathy yourself does not mean that it doesn't work. I know that some people don't like the idea of homeopathy and don't believe in it. Thats fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but its not fair to disregard a treatment just because you haven't taken the time to research it, try it, or give it a chance yourself. I have done a lot of research on this, not only detox and lipomas, but many other ailments. I use homeopathy myself all the time. Homeopathic remedies to be exact. They work! I have personal experience with it and its not the placebo affect. I also use it for wound care on myself and my animals, and again, it works amazing. I'm not going to get any farther into it here as it is not the topic of the thread, nor is it helpful to the Op. Again, If you don't believe in homeopathy, that is completely fine, I totally respect that. No need to disregard it in Ops case just because it isn't something you would use yourself. I am very confident in this treatment, and my suggestion.

And I am very confident in my suggestion. I believe in eastern medicine btw, just not homeopathic therapy. It doesn’t cure everything in the world, as you may believe. Applying a balm on a wound is NOT the same as applying the balm in order to treat bronchitis for example.
I’m sure that you are. No, of course it doesn’t. It can cure a lot of thing that pharmaceuticals can, but certainly not everything.
I know that of course. I’m not sure where that assumption came from. I personally use herbs over pharmaceuticals, that’s my take.
Now, let’s stop detailing Ops thread.

You are so right Weeg! After a vet visit and a vet phone consut, I've learnt a lot ! So thought I'd share. They are in fact LIPOMAS . I accidentally found a home treatment. Starting at the beginning....I now only have two elderly ladies and am treating one of them for her painful feet and arthritis with TURMERIC (anti-inflammatory) in her veggie breakfast, together with a little sprinkle of cayenne for pain relief. Both chooks have this.
My daughter had a lump on her leg and ordered some herbal cream on-line for it. She showed me the list of ingredients...one of them being TURMERIC to reduce the swelling. I investigated this with Mr Google and found that lipomas in dogs are treated with TURMERIC potions. Well, both my chooks have had this turmeric in their breakfast for quite a few months now and i must say the lumps that my girly (Aurelia) has are significantly reduced. This may take some time, but I believe that it is working.
Also, I had a call from the vet, who looked at the pictures I sent her and she said the lumps were lipomas and recommended L-Carnilite, 1000mg per kilo weight of the bird. It was either mls or mg, can't read my writing! So thought you all should bear this info in the back of your minds for future reference. Hopefulyl, you will never need it, but it took so long and so much research to find out all this info.
I apologise for the long post but briefly, Turmeric or L-Carnilite (availble at health food stores) is the way to go!
I’m so glad you got it figured out! So happy your girl is on the right track.
What good info! Thanks so much for the update.

Back
Top Bottom