HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

LOL Roxannemc- yes we will all stress together ;)
thumbsup.gif

Hey all
Set some Wed. 29th:
10 Black Australorps
13 Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins
7 Moltted Bantam Cochins

All have been shipped to me (my 1st purchase of shipped eggs) & this is my 2nd time of hatching in incubator.

Breeder I bought my incubator from a little over a month ago had given me 18 eggs to start with (speckled sussex, lavendar orpingtons, blue langshan & welsummer) out of the 18 he gave me I got 3 speckled sussex, 2 welsummers & 1 blue langshan (only had one of these eggs).
Had a lavendar orp. developing but at some point late in the game it cracked, so no hatch. So my 1st ever try at incubating I got 6 out of 18.

Hoping for more success this time around but understand they are shipped eggs, so i am trying to keep my expectations in check.

good luck all

Hi. I have just set 6 polands, 5 muscovy duck, 1 silver appleyard and 3 kharki Campbell duck eggs. All due at varying times throughout September. My incy is a banbury cross, 90 egg auto turn hatcher. I have 2 dozen quail eggs due this week too
X Jane, in sunny UK

I would love to join you. I set my eggs friday the 31st. 7 americaunas and 24 black copper marans. All are shipped eggs. This will be my second time...and I definitely need a group to share my anxiety with!

My first hatched chicks are 3 weeks now... My first ever. I had borrowed a friend's sportsman and also bought a mini brinsea. I had a very complicated hatch... Had an electrical problem with the sportsman. It would give you a good jolt if you bumped any of the metal trays or screws. I had to unplug it when adding water or when candling. Then the last week I could not get the temp up past 97. It was also a staggered hatch because the eggs came from three different shipments. I just made it too complicated. All the shipments had scrambled air sacs and such... And all were mailed durin 100 degree weather. With all that said, I still have some cute chicks. 1 out of my 12 silkie eggs hatched... Only 3 made it to lockdown. 4 of my 18 blrw eggs hatched... But the one we named Willie...due to only having one eye.... Only lasted a week. I had 5 marans hatch out of 24, and 4 broiler crosses. I think I started with 60 eggs.

Because of the never ending trouble with the borrowed sportsman, I bought a brinsea Octo 20 Eco. Good thing it limits how many eggs I put in! So, my mini brinsea has the 7 americauna eggs, and the Eco has the 24 marans. I am hoping that shipment was a little more gentle this time. I am biting at the bullet to candle... But due to my inexperience, I could not really figure out much until day 7 or so last time... So I am waiting until then.

Sorry so long winded... My first experience was crazy... Hoping it will be smooth sailing this time.

I'll be joining. I have 10 eggs under a silkie mama named blackie. I think they started on the 31st, but I didn't write it down anywhere. Doh! I know one of the mamas is a silkie (4 eggs) and another mama is a Cuckoo Maran (3 eggs). I have no idea who laid the third type of egg (3 of them). I have a theory the unknown ones are a silkie egg, but I don't know for sure. They're slightly bigger than the known silkie eggs and a pinkish cream color. The only other bird they could come from is a Cochin. I know the daddies are either a silkie, RIR or Cochin.

This will be my second hatch and I'm just as excited about it as the first. The first ones just hatched out on the 22nd. :)

I am on another hatch thread too, but I have so many different hatch days I can join this one too! I have a dozen Polish and 2 dozen mixed shipping out tomorrow. So excited!

Back
Top Bottom