Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

This is a first for me. Hubby will be on lookout for eggs tomorrow, but I am afraid they may be lost...

My sebbie eggs came in, looks good, but I candled them and can't find any cells. She also sent an extra touslouse (sp??) but it's much smaller than Erins. IS it normal to not be able to see anything through the seb shells?? Can't find yolks or air in the new eggs at all. I have a pic of Erins, where you can see the great air sac to compare them too. Please advise? Are my seb eggs bad?? scrambled??

Seb. egg 1

seb egg 2

seb segg 2 with light on sm pointy end

seb egg 3

Now, for comparison, the ease of seeing into Erins Touslouse egg

Look at that PERDY egg!!
ep.gif
I hope the others look as good as yours do...
hmm.png

My sebbie eggs came in, looks good, but I candled them and can't find any cells. She also sent an extra touslouse (sp??) but it's much smaller than Erins. IS it normal to not be able to see anything through the seb shells?? Can't find yolks or air in the new eggs at all. I have a pic of Erins, where you can see the great air sac to compare them too. Please advise? Are my seb eggs bad?? scrambled??

Seb. egg 1

seb egg 2

seb segg 2 with light on sm pointy end

seb egg 3

Now, for comparison, the ease of seeing into Erins Touslouse egg

here's my 12 day report:March 12
Embden
Egg 2 .nice movement and veining Weight 179 to 166

mixed- Not Pilgrim
Egg 2 .nice movement and veining Weight 126 to 119
Egg 3. nice movement and veining Weight 120 to 112

I also have:

Embden
egg 16 nice dark baby area with movement day 24 weight on day 8 183 to 166
egg 17 nice dark baby area with movement day 24 weight on day 8 182 to 166
egg18 nice dark baby area with movement day 24 weight on day 8 182 to 166
egg 19 nice dark baby area with movement day 24 weight on day 8 181 to 166

egg 23 nice movement and veining day 18 weight on day 2 187 to 166

Squishy (Embden) Hatched as of about 1020 pm CDT (forgot) on March 11

yes I candle and weight them often
hide.gif

Last edited:
Celtic or Iain -

Any eggs today??

Any thoughts on my pic trying to find air in sebbie eggs? Don't mean to be a dufus, I never bothered to check it before incubating before the goose eggs. Is it that they are so fresh, as Julie thought? Just seems weird.

Marty, no eggs here today. It is common for me not to see air cells in our Sebastopol eggs. Many times they are the same size or s,Allen than the light I use to candle a d it hides them. A couple of days later, pop there they are.

Celtic - thanks for the input. I popped the sebs into the bator last night.

I can't believe the eggs STILL didn't come! Whats that about??

May I ask, how is your DH doing?

I hope your got your less happy chores done without any trouble.

Day 8 all four of my Pilgrim eggs are fertile. YAY with this group and the other that makes 100 % fertility. My boys know how to do the job from the first egg of the season.

Each egg has nice veining and 2 of them are excellent. I can see the eye in all of them and that's with a wal-mart flashlight. I was really surprised I could see them. The air sacks all look good but I really don't know what to look for. The eggs are from my pairs so I figure they are all intact since no shipping involved.

I hope I get some goslings and don't mess this up along the way.

No toulouse eggs today for me either. Not sure what is the right thing to do in this situation.

Reboxer, my fingers are crossed for you!!

Back
Top Bottom