Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I have not a clue what she weighs.
She is about 5 weeks, yep.
She is very light in comparison to the other, which I know is a Wyandotte, so maybe a slightly heavier breed. But Buff Orpington is a big breed too and it worries me she feels so light.
I have been dipping her beak and gave her an undiluted drop yesterday, but maybe I should give her more.
She has started eating a bit more now though. Most of the droppings seem a bit more solid.
I haven't seen any blood yet today, but it's only half 8 and I'm sure I'll see some.
Only saw two with blood yesterday, in the morning.
They are out more now, I'm using a dog crate for when I can't watch them.
Thx again.

I have not a clue what she weighs.
She is about 5 weeks, yep.
She is very light in comparison to the other, which I know is a Wyandotte, so maybe a slightly heavier breed. But Buff Orpington is a big breed too and it worries me she feels so light.
I have been dipping her beak and gave her an undiluted drop yesterday, but maybe I should give her more.
She has started eating a bit more now though. Most of the droppings seem a bit more solid.
I haven't seen any blood yet today, but it's only half 8 and I'm sure I'll see some.
Only saw two with blood yesterday, in the morning.
They are out more now, I'm using a dog crate for when I can't watch them.
Thx again.
I'm glad that you haven't seen any more blood in the poop. I hope you continue to see improvement.
Keep encouraging her to drink and eat like you have been doing. You may entice all the chicks to eat with a bit of scrambled egg stirred into a mash made of their feed. My chick(en)s love scrambled eggs.

Let us know how they are doing!

I'm glad that you haven't seen any more blood in the poop. I hope you continue to see improvement.
Keep encouraging her to drink and eat like you have been doing. You may entice all the chicks to eat with a bit of scrambled egg stirred into a mash made of their feed. My chick(en)s love scrambled eggs.

Let us know how they are doing!
I scramble eggs for my birds with crushed shell still in them - and they LOVE the stuff - the little cannibals! :sick

I scramble eggs for my birds with crushed shell still in them - and they LOVE the stuff - the little cannibals! :sick
I don't include the shell LOL I save those up and pop them in the oven after I'm done baking something (about once a week) Makes for nice crispy shells that crush up easily - the girls hoover them up. My roosters will even eat a few pieces as well.

There was more blood today.
So hard forcing the buff to drink water. She screams murder if I try.
I had a bit more success using a syringe to put the water in/on her beak.
I haven't seen her drinking today at all on her own, and I don't think I did yesterday either.
It seems like the droppings are worse in the morning. Not sure if that's just me.
Would it be ok if I mixed some of the diluted medicine water into their food?
I usually give them it wet anyway because the buff won't eat it dry. (S-p-o-i-l-t)

I'm not sure, but if the Buff is getting worse, may be time to separate her from the others, on fresh shavings, what I did when mine had a respiratory infection was diped their beaks in tea(in your case water) until they drank you should have heard the sex link lol squeezing and flapping, spilling everything we were giving her, so glad we did her last. Your Buff may just need some extra support over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom