Herniated Umbilical?

Syreis

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2023
I have two turkey poults who hatched last night and today, I'm worried they both have herniated umbilical as I've read up on that a bit, but this is my first time experiencing it. I'm not sure why both would have it, since all of my other hatches this month have been really good. Two weeks ago I noticed that my automatic turning incubator went into lock-down and stopped turning, I have no idea how long they hadn't been turned. As soon as I noticed though, I quickly reset the days. I've heard that the last couple weeks are the least important for being turned but I'm still wondering if this is the cause of this? I'll attach pictures of the two.

Attachments

• 20230504_123321.jpg
    20230504_123321.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230504_124119.jpg
    20230504_124119.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1
How are your poults now? They usually heal up on their own. Just need to keep the area clean and stop anyone else pecking at them.

Last edited:
How are your poults now! They usually heal up on their own. Just need to keep the area clean and stop anyone else pecking at them.
Unfortunately they did not make it, they had a lot of other issues as well and it just didn't end well :(. Two others survived from that hatch however and they seem to be doing well so thats good at least. Thank you for the advice in case this happens again

Unfortunately they did not make it, they had a lot of other issues as well and it just didn't end well :(. Two others survived from that hatch however and they seem to be doing well so thats good at least. Thank you for the advice in case this happens again
I'm very sorry no one replied, that's really unusual for BYC.
I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs

I’m very sorry to hear that about your poults :hugs

Yeah, last time I posted I got a reply instantly...I wonder if I posted it in the wrong spot. I don't think we could've saved them however as sad as that is ☹️
You posted correctly, perhaps it got buried by other new posts.
If ever you aren't getting replies, feel free to tag me or anyone else, just put an @ followed by the username.
Or post a second comment, that can boost the thread and people might see it. But yeah, they may not have made it anyway. Its quite easy for naval like that to get infected :(
I'm glad the other two are doing good.

You posted correctly, perhaps it got buried by other new posts.
If ever you aren't getting replies, feel free to tag me or anyone else, just put an @ followed by the username.
Or post a second comment, that can boost the thread and people might see it. But yeah, they may not have made it anyway. Its quite easy for naval like that to get infected :(
I'm glad the other two are doing good.
Oh, okay! Thank you for that, I'm still new to this...I'll make sure to tag you or add another comment next time. I appreciate it :) everyone here is very nice its great. I'm very grateful the other two survived, they are such love bugs ❤️

Back
Top Bottom