Hi i am new here and i need to know What do I feed chicken babies?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by medone, Mar 16, 2018.

1. medone

medone Hatching

Mar 16, 2018
    I waited a few weeks until the Hatching eggs that I put to The incubator hen for three days but I am
    not comfortable with the feed Which I give them because they are still very young and very
    vulnerable to disease and And I want an advice from you please for the types of healthy fodder for them
    and thank you very much
    have filmed a video of this beautiful chicken babies and she eat and play with her brothers
    this is my cute chicken babies
    2018-03-16_105313.png

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR-hLRO1xhU

2. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    starter crumble. Also start off w/a couple days of save-a-chick pro biotics and electrolytes..:)

corrected for grammar

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Cyprus and medone like this.
  3. HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Songster

Mar 21, 2016
    Maine, USA
    My Coop
    :welcome
    X2 on the starter crumble!

Also we don't use medicated starter. If you bring a little tray of dirt in from where the chicks will live outside once they are ready, that will expose them to the cocci living in your soil and that will help them built their immune system and gut flora.

We had our babies dust bathing in the dirt tray when they were only three days old! So adorable!

4. HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Songster

Mar 21, 2016
    Maine, USA
    My Coop
    Oh and offer some chick grit if you give them access to plant matter or insects just to be sure they have the right sized grit in their gizzards :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: