Holderread - American Blue and Lavender Ice Geese

Jonathan1981

Chirping
May 31, 2017
Great Falls
Holderread’s website states that the 2020 breeding season will be their last for shipping duckings and goslings. I ordered a pair of Blue and Lavender Ice American goslings in 2019, and am so glad that got them when I did.

That said, I am hoping there are other folks with these same geese for possible gosling or egg exchanges if a need arises; replace lost flock members (fortunately not a problem I’ve had with my birds) or to add new DNA to the gene pool.

Who else out there is raising these geese? :)

Holderread’s website states that the 2020 breeding season will be their last for shipping duckings and goslings. I ordered a pair of Blue and Lavender Ice American goslings in 2019, and am so glad that got them when I did.

That said, I am hoping there are other folks with these same geese for possible gosling or egg exchanges if a need arises; replace lost flock members (fortunately not a problem I’ve had with my birds) or to add new DNA to the gene pool.

Who else out there is raising these geese? :)
what! are they retiring ? I got my am blues from him and my African buffs and browns . I love his geese.

what! are they retiring ? I got my am blues from him and my African buffs and browns . I love his geese.
It’s not clear if they are retiring totally or just not selling chicks. They’ve been getting out of the different breeds, and I’ve always been one step behind them. They try to be helpful in directing to whoever the best source for their birds are in your area. I had some exchanges in the fall with them so I placed my chick order in December knowing this was coming. I know Metzer buys their breeders, and 2 breeders in Canada based their large flocks on their breeders, both of which sell birds in the US at least 1x/year at the Ohio National.

Digging around through Holderread's website I get the sense they are in the process of retiring. They have been selling off breeding groups for a few years now. And now with them stopping shipment of ducklings and goslings. I'd say its safe to say they are about done.

Call or email to confirm availability. Then send in the payment with a note regarding what you talked about with them including date you would like them shipped and alternate date. Wanita does a great job of answering questions in a timely fashion.

Call or email to confirm availability. Then send in the payment with a note regarding what you talked about with them including date you would like them shipped and alternate date. Wanita does a great job of answering questions in a timely fashion.
thanks I just lost my last American blue he has off spring but the mother is a African buff.

Back
Top Bottom