Holderread - American Blue and Lavender Ice Geese

Jonathan1981

Chirping
May 31, 2017
Great Falls
Holderread’s website states that the 2020 breeding season will be their last for shipping duckings and goslings. I ordered a pair of Blue and Lavender Ice American goslings in 2019, and am so glad that got them when I did.

That said, I am hoping there are other folks with these same geese for possible gosling or egg exchanges if a need arises; replace lost flock members (fortunately not a problem I’ve had with my birds) or to add new DNA to the gene pool.

Who else out there is raising these geese? :)

Digging around through Holderread's website I get the sense they are in the process of retiring. They have been selling off breeding groups for a few years now. And now with them stopping shipment of ducklings and goslings. I'd say its safe to say they are about done.

Call or email to confirm availability. Then send in the payment with a note regarding what you talked about with them including date you would like them shipped and alternate date. Wanita does a great job of answering questions in a timely fashion.

Call or email to confirm availability. Then send in the payment with a note regarding what you talked about with them including date you would like them shipped and alternate date. Wanita does a great job of answering questions in a timely fashion.
thanks I just lost my last American blue he has off spring but the mother is a African buff.

Digging around through Holderread's website I get the sense they are in the process of retiring. They have been selling off breeding groups for a few years now. And now with them stopping shipment of ducklings and goslings. I'd say its safe to say they are about done.
Probably but they might just hatch for their own projects. I know they are selling off all adult stock as they go but maybe these last few breeds they’ll hold some back.
I'd say its safe to say they are about done.
Someone asked them from BYC and they may continue to sell adults. They haven’t decided yet.

Wanita said the price for shipping adults has gone up .
Yes it has! I got 2 pairs of Dutch Hookbills from them yesterday and it was crazy expensive- $262. Now I understand why the Canadians (Toronto area- long drive) drove out to pickup their breeders. I’m in MI and did consider driving! I’m guessing others wanting the last of this breed bailed b/c of the shipping cost. And these are light ducks! I also had a pr of Shetland geese shipped maybe 3 years ago and don’t recall the charges being near this bad. So get those ducklings/goslings while you can!

Last edited:
I
Holderread’s website states that the 2020 breeding season will be their last for shipping duckings and goslings. I ordered a pair of Blue and Lavender Ice American goslings in 2019, and am so glad that got them when I did.

That said, I am hoping there are other folks with these same geese for possible gosling or egg exchanges if a need arises; replace lost flock members (fortunately not a problem I’ve had with my birds) or to add new DNA to the gene pool.

Who else out there is raising these geese? :)
I have 4 blue and 5 lavender that I got in April, 2020 from holderreads. I have eggs and adults now and goslings in a few weeks, I hope. Love these geese.

Back
Top Bottom