Holderread - American Blue and Lavender Ice Geese

I decided to go with breeds that are on the critical list or watch list. I was going to order some blues but then that pandemic hit . decided not to. I have 3 romans instead. Holderread's might have adults' in the fall but it will cost. my Africans are from them and I love them so sweet. good luck .
Thank you for your response, sorry it took a bit to respond to you. I did contact Holderread about adults. Many thanks.

I have both a blue and lavender goose (and the ganders to match), and while they have both been laying eggs since March, neither of them is sitting on their nests. I doubt I will get any goslings from them this year, but could probably ship a few eggs if you have the ability to incubate? If you don’t, hit me up later this year or early 2021 if you’re still interested...considering trying my hand at incubation.

I will say that these birds are extremely well tempered, and very pretty. They are a little testy right now with it being breeding season and all, but all that’s really amounted to is some hissing when I collect eggs from the nest. It was also a behavior I’d been anticipating. Despite that, I wouldn’t trade my little flock of geese for anything. They’re really a wonderful bird to have around the wee homestead.
Thank you so much for the offer. I will be in contact with you. So far you are the only person I know who has lavender. Next season maybe just right for me. Great Falls, MT? Best of luck with your pairs. I appreciate your response.

I
Holderread’s website states that the 2020 breeding season will be their last for shipping duckings and goslings. I ordered a pair of Blue and Lavender Ice American goslings in 2019, and am so glad that got them when I did.

That said, I am hoping there are other folks with these same geese for possible gosling or egg exchanges if a need arises; replace lost flock members (fortunately not a problem I’ve had with my birds) or to add new DNA to the gene pool.

Who else out there is raising these geese? :)
I have 4 blue and 5 lavender that I got in April, 2020 from holderreads. I have eggs and adults now and goslings in a few weeks, I hope. Love these geese.

Have you hatched out any goslings yet this year?
I haven’t. I’ve been collecting the eggs, and haven’t allowed the geese to go broody. We cook and bake with what we collect, and I’ve sold several fertilized eggs to folks interested hatching their own. I do love having goslings around though, so maybe next year?

Back
Top Bottom