How do you convince your significant/insignificant others?

kinnip

Songster
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Carrollton, GA
My BF has been taking this all in stride-- the goats, the chickens, now we're talking guineas and a turkey... So far, he's enjoying the animals, but I can't help but think there's a limit somewhere. I recently decided to adopt some more goats. they need a new home. In the same week, I was offered a pair of Mille Fleurs. I don't know that he would hit his limit if I took both, but I feel like I'm playing fast and loose with our relationship every time I bring something new into it. I'm also hoping that one of my girls goes broody, so I can stick delightful little surprises under her.
wee.gif
I know some of you hatch-hatch-hatch! How do you make it popular with the rest of the household?
idunno.gif

Keep those lines of communication open. My husband was skeptical when i said i wanted "just two chickens". Then i hatched some silkies, and then some showgirls. Added some pullets, then some more. Along the line, though, i have rehomed ones that were not working out. He has hit his limit at times, and tells me so. But he seems to really love the big girls, our EE's and red stars. And he is currently working on a bigger pen for our big girls.

Just make sure you tend and care for that significant other, at least as well as you care for your critters.

As soon as the animals produce more work than they produce enjoyment you may
want to back off a bit.

I'm no authority on this but my wife hasn't gotten mad yet. The other night
I tried to convince her we had a new Spotted Bantam chick. It worked for
a little while. It was really a quail.
roll.png

Good advice all around. I wish he were more open when we talk about it. He just keeps saying that he can't tell me what to do.

Quote:
Hmm, subterfuge? I like it. Those are just weird crows, honey. They got stuck in the run and I'm afraid to touch them.

My wife enjoys the birds she does give me crap when i say this will be my last batch of eggs to incubate and then a month later i'm still putting eggs in the incubator. I also sell alot of my birds and eggs and i think that helps.

I just make sure for everything I get, he gets something he wants.
wink.png

You want that new XBox honey? I was thinking about starting another breeding project..

Hey, honey, I want these new Sumatra chickens. No, they aren't good for meat, they are more "ornamental".. Well, what do you want?
wink.png

I took him to a poultry sale, against his wish.. He doesn't care much for my animals.. Well, he surprised me when he walked up with a turkey poult and asked if I had some cash..
big_smile.png
That's what I get for leaving him alone with Steve and Sharon(SandSPoultry) for two minutes
roll.png
.. Now we have three turkeys..

It's all good.

-Kim

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom