How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scrambled well done with a bit of salt, or obviously BAKING with them xD I know that doesn't count but I think baking with farm fresh eggs makes things taste way better

Frambled, a mix of fried and scrambled. You start them like fried eggs w/ several eggs all run together. Then when you'd normally flip them you scramble them up a bit in the pan and continue cooking.

Fried-Hot grease so the edges will get crunchy and white will get cooked. 1 minute or less on each side so the yolk is still runny. Top with fresh salsa.
Scrambled- Mix cut up spinach in with beaten eggs. We3ll done. Top with fresh salsa
Love me some Deviled the way Momma used to make 'em

How do I like my eggs? oi - let me count the ways!!

I went with scrambled as that is the way I eat them the most. And deviled because I like them that way, too and then OTHER.

There are too many ways, to be honest. I use them daily. Living in years past when eggs would have been limited would have been difficult for me. Now that I've learned how I can get lots and lots of eggs, well....

Souffle, stir fried w/ rice, Farmer's breakfast (various mixes to involve veggies, hash browns & meats), breakfast burritos, lightly fried & served over baked beans w/ toast (dinner!), fried, on sandwiches in different forms, quiche.

Cakes, popovers, and other baking

I have not tried pickled eggs. The thought always made me sick to even think about. But now that I'm starting to get into fermenting, I'm thinking about trying them...

Now I'm drawing a complete blank. But I know that it's rare for me not to eat eggs in some form daily and having had chickens since 2011, I'm rarely without eggs. I've even learned how to boil and freeze the eggs or mix & freeze them when we've had a surplus for the times when we don't. That does somewhat limit their uses, but not by enough for my family to matter.

My husband calls them one eyed Jack's. You take a slice of bread cut a circle in the center, butter both sides toss it on the frying pan then crack an egg in the hole and let fry until it starts to set up then flip the bread to the other side and cook. Then add a slice of cheese and a piece of ham on top and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom