How is your flock today?

Whatever it was, I hope that it straightens out for you.

I moved my 4 chick's outside to the grow out pen before dark last night. They are a month old now and were getting to rambunctious in the brooder. I went out to check on them and the flock several time's today, and the chick's seem to be adjusting ok.
Our second hatch of 10 are still in the house and needs to go outside yesterday! I have been waiting on my neighbor to finish his coop so I don't have to make another pen outside. He is building a really nice coop for his little girl, but his progress has been slow because his job has him working 6 days a week. :barnie

I keep joking with him telling him, they will all be big enough to eat by the time he has his coop finished. LOL

Hello and welcome to our little group. :) Do you only have just the nine in your flock? Once they get a routine down they will do just fine. Shaking a food dish is another good way to get them all to come running your way.
Thanks for the welcome! I actually have between 60-70 birds at the moment, including those nine and four other broods at various ages, and all the older hens and roosters.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually have between 60-70 birds at the moment, including those nine and four other broods at various ages, and all the older hens and roosters.
Wow, they must keep you very busy! LOL

Glad to hear that your flock integration went smoothly for you, how many weeks old are they again?
They just turned 15 weeks last weekend. I can stop worrying about an accidental cockerel now! They are just starting to get combs and wattles of any size at all.

I'm really hoping for pullet eggs in a month or so. I have one hen laying about 4x a week, and the other two have stopped. Molting is going slowly, and I think it's going well. :fl

They just turned 15 weeks last weekend. I can stop worrying about an accidental cockerel now! They are just starting to get combs and wattles of any size at all.

I'm really hoping for pullet eggs in a month or so. I have one hen laying about 4x a week, and the other two have stopped. Molting is going slowly, and I think it's going well. :fl
Yes, that molting slows the egg laying down to where there's hardly any egg's at all. I hope mine get back to laying good soon.

Welcome to our small group. :) How many lady's do you have ? Are you ready for winter yet? :wee:barnie
Thanks for the welcome, I LOVE it at BYC-everyone is great.

I have 8 that were born 3/24--mixed group of ladies with all but 3 laying. I LOVE fall and the prepping for winter but I don't LOVE the snow and below zero temps. We are starting to prep and gather items to make the winter bearable for the ladies :), that will start mid-October with putting up plastic on the run so it can stay as snow-free as possible.

Thanks for the welcome, I LOVE it at BYC-everyone is great.

I have 8 that were born 3/24--mixed group of ladies with all but 3 laying. I LOVE fall and the prepping for winter but I don't LOVE the snow and below zero temps. We are starting to prep and gather items to make the winter bearable for the ladies :), that will start mid-October with putting up plastic on the run so it can stay as snow-free as possible.
I couldn't do your winter's. I'm in the desert and the summer's are hot, hot, hot. Our winter's here are nice, though.

Back
Top Bottom