How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

13/13 Today, 3 of Black Copper Marans layed eggs @the same day which is rare. On my EEs, maybe I'll have green or blue eggs in 3-4 wks if they are on scheds
1f60a.png

Friday

12 eggs
thumbsup.gif

9 eggs from the control group
wee.gif

3 eggs from the free range chickens
hmm.png
Got to be hiding them somewhere
idunno.gif

Temp 78F degrees Very high cold winds all day
sickbyc.gif

Got up this morning and 6 chicks had hatched but the one that opened the shell in the middle did not make it but I do have 3 new Russian Orloff chicks and 2 Molten Houdan chicks and they all look healthy at the moment . All eggs hatched at day 21 .

I have several more eggs in the incubator so I will wait a couple more days and take the incubator apart and clean it out before putting in anymore eggs ..

gander007
old.gif

My three copper black Marans girls have all stopped laying, at the same time! They're 8m old and had been laying really well. They've been living with 3 araucana girls and an araucana boy the last couple of months and everyone seems to be getting on fine. The Araucanas are laying fine. Any ideas? It's weird! There's nowhere else their eggs could be except the nestbox.

Sounds like you were lucky as all my BCM girls don't start laying regularly till they were 10 months
fl.gif

Friday

12 eggs
thumbsup.gif

9 eggs from the control group
wee.gif

3 eggs from the free range chickens
hmm.png
Got to be hiding them somewhere
idunno.gif

Temp 78F degrees Very high cold winds all day
sickbyc.gif

Got up this morning and 6 chicks had hatched but the one that opened the shell in the middle did not make it but I do have 3 new Russian Orloff chicks and 2 Molten Houdan chicks and they all look healthy at the moment . All eggs hatched at day 21 .

I have several more eggs in the incubator so I will wait a couple more days and take the incubator apart and clean it out before putting in anymore eggs ..

gander007
old.gif
Congratulations on the chicks that hatched & made it! You seem to have very good hatch & survival rates!

I got 11 eggs yesterday (maybe more),
It was a hectic day & I collected them in spurts in stead of all at once. My Mom went back to the ER, her doctor sent her there when she showed up for her appointment. She has lost 10 pounds in about 10 days. He still has no idea what is wrong with her ( so far none of the doctors have been able to figure that out).
Then we had to leave for graduation. My daughter and our foreign exchange student that we are hosting both graduated high school last night. We ended up not getting to eat dinner until about 11 PM.
Today I am going to Chicken Keeping workshop around 10 AM (about 3 hours from now).

Back
Top Bottom