How many people carry pocket knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grandmother gave me one. Its small but good to have on hand. Peels apples good for grandchildren and makes you feel a bit more secure. Useful to cut rope and such. I grew up before it got so crazy. Jean

I stopped carrying my pocket knife a while back (don't know why), but have been thinking about it now that we're farming again. I miss it when trying to open thoe woven plastic grain sacks. You all have inspired me to find my knife or get a new today.

I used to, it was nice, then my purse was stolen. I am going to buy a tazer for protection, a knive isnt a weapon if you are surprised. I don't know if that is why you posted this.

Quote:
lol.png

Left front pocket for me, all the time. If I have to fly it goes into my checked luggage. I carry a nice knife (beautiful bone handle) most of the time and a junkier one for barn/farm work. I tend to lose them and thus don't spend big bucks for farm stuff. Funny, I just bought a new farm knife at TSC yesterday!

For hunting and buthering I prefer a fixed blade knife, they are easier to clean the blood off.

More than once, besides being an effective general tool I have gotten my knife out to clean my nails when I felt I was in a 'difficult' situation. Just the visual aspect changes attitudes quickly.
wink.png

I don't but my husband always has one in his pocket. Comes in handy for both of us.

Like others I carry a flashlight in my purse. I leave the house before sun up so I need it just to find my car.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom