How much love is too much love for chickens?

Is anyone out there obsessed with their chickens? I find myself watching them constantly through the window or if I’m outside constantly fussing with them and making sure they have what the need (snacks, enough roaming space, etc). My girls like to take naps in my lap and like to hang out around me. I’m first time chicken owner and didn’t know if this is normal for me to want to be around them all the time.
You’re in the honeymoon phase. Don’t worry - it will pass. Or... it won’t and you’ll end up with 50 chickens like us lol 😂

Is anyone out there obsessed with their chickens? I find myself watching them constantly through the window or if I’m outside constantly fussing with them and making sure they have what the need (snacks, enough roaming space, etc). My girls like to take naps in my lap and like to hang out around me. I’m first time chicken owner and didn’t know if this is normal for me to want to be around them all the time.
Don't worry most of us are the same! My chickens love to jump and cuddle with me too, I find myself worrying or feeling lonely when I'm not around them. When I'm not with them the only thing I can think about is them or going to hang out with them. But I've learned to just accept and embrace it!

I'm with you! I'm totally obsessed with my chickens! We got them in May and I quickly became a chicken addict. I'm a total helicopter chicken mom. I can't wait to build our bigger coop and ad to our flock. Do you have your list of other breeds you want yet??
I do not have a list yet but I’m thinking of more Eggers. I am a helicopter chicken mom too!!!! I can’t help it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom