AshleyNicole06

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 19, 2017
Iowa
I'm using a janoel 12 incubator and on day 26 trying to hatch my duck eggs. I checked the humidity last night and it was fine at 70%.
I just checked it again and it was down to 50%. So I added warm water to the bottom.
I can't seem to get it to stay up.
What do I need to do?!

I'm using a janoel 12 incubator and on day 26 trying to hatch my duck eggs. I checked the humidity last night and it was fine at 70%.
I just checked it again and it was down to 50%. So I added warm water to the bottom.
I can't seem to get it to stay up.
What do I need to do?!
You can Mist all the inside of the incubator with a spray bottle of water, add some small bowls/ bottom of coke bottles cut short filled with water, this helps add more humidity if the reservoir is already full and humidity is too low.

You can put small wash clothes or a cut up wash cloth sticking half way out of the bowl of water, in the small bowls to act as a wick if that doesnt help. Its been a while since i did this, but it worked.

You can Mist all the inside of the incubator with a spray bottle of water, add some small bowls/ bottom of coke bottles cut short filled with water, this helps add more humidity if the reservoir is already full and humidity is too low.

You can put small wash clothes or a cut up wash cloth sticking half way out of the bowl of water, in the small bowls to act as a wick if that doesnt help. Its been a while since i did this, but it worked.
Would covering the hole help? Theres a place at the bottom for water... So im not sure if i need to add anything.

Would covering the hole help? Theres a place at the bottom for water... So im not sure if i need to add anything.
If the reservoir at the bottom doesnt have water in it then yes add water to it first thing, that will increase humidity. Yes if the plug is not in the hole at the top put the plug in or find something to stop it up, this will help hold in humidity.

If the reservoir at the bottom doesnt have water in it then yes add water to it first thing, that will increase humidity. Yes if the plug is not in the hole at the top put the plug in or find something to stop it up, this will help hold in humidity.
I just covered the hole with a towel... And added warm water to bottom earlier.. So ill check it again in a while and see what happens. I did check a few minutes ago and it was at 70% after adding just the water without the hole covered.
I just covered the hole.

Keep me posted I'll try to help if I can. I always mist the inside of the incubator with a spray bottle when I open it, it helps the humidity rise back faster, in my opinion.

I would add moist paper towels or damp sponge to bottom....that’s what i’m going to do this time around. I added water each day with the chicken eggs at lockdown, day 19, and as they hatched and were moved out on day 20,21,22.

I would add moist paper towels or damp sponge to bottom....that’s what i’m going to do this time around. I added water each day with the chicken eggs at lockdown, day 19, and as they hatched and were moved out on day 20,21,22.
Can I add that to the top? I don't want to move the eggs too much..lol

Back
Top Bottom