I Almost Got Arrested!!! *Very long story*

Mark
I think you did the right thing- you can't let someone beat you up- you have the right to defend yourself - unfortunatly you have to live near this guy( I have better words but family forum and all) hopefully he stays away from you and doesn't bother you anymore- thank goodness for Ms. Eve
hugs.gif

You did the right thing. In fact, you did much better than I would have
smile.png

I'm a small woman. Grew up in the military ( both sides) with a lot of uncles. They taught me early how to defend myself, and not to be shy about it. I lived in NYC for awhile, and let me tell you. My uncles self defense lessons came real handy. I don't carry a purse to this day because of it. The last time some knuckle head tried to rob me, I chased him 3 blocks, tackled him, and got my items back. He ran from me screaming crazy lady after I let him up. Serves him right....

Bluemoon

You did the right thing, Mark. Nobody should go around looking for a fight but there's no sense in letting someone else beat you up! Self defense is a tool. Unfortunately some states just don't take it into account that you were defending yourself and just see it as the fact that you participated in a fight. We live in such a twisted country sometimes!

Yea same here my parents taught all there kids to defend themselves in times like this ... and i hate anything even close to fighting ... that's why my mom told me this morning i did the right thing YES i may not like fighting and i haven't in a long long long time but i had to at the right time..... times like those you have no choice but to.. it's either that or get beat up or even worse

as for the guy living next to me i am moving this summer so i wont be around him that long ... i just have to keep my distance witch i will do because i don't want another thing like that happening again

Thanks you all!
hugs.gif
!!!

Good for you. I hate drunks, and I have yet to see one good thing that booze does for a person. This just concretes my case. It's getting pretty bad when a decent person can't take their trash out minding their own business and be attacked . . . thank goodness your neighbor saw the whole thing!!! Cops can be jerks too, no doubt about it . . .what a shame!!!

Ya did what ya had to do, ya caint just stand there and get the livin crap beat outta ya, ya know dang well that jerk cop wouldn't stand there and take it. That cop's a power freak, I know most of 'em where I live are to, they'll arrest ya or beat ya (i've even been tasered walkin thru a Wal-Mart parkin lot, the cop said his uncle was a cowboy and he didnt like him...) for lookin at 'em cross-eyed, just cuz they can. I know two cops total who are alright, one of 'em I pretty much grew up with. So ya didn't do nothin wrong, most folks dont need to have any power whatsoever cuz they usually end up bullies.

Mark, couple of quites from the wisest guys I know.....

"Walk softly, and carry a bigger stick than the other guy" -Grandpa

"Boy, you better not start any fights, but you better finish them" - Dad

Basically I agree 100% with how you handled the situation. The 3rd cop....... He was either being a DorkHead playing goodcop badcop, or trying to verify what you and the neighbor was saying by shock therapy. Lots of PO's I know do this and some of them are better at being dorkheads than others
smile.png

Or like you said, he could just be a jerk. Be on your guard, your neighbor won't be locked up for long. Get a PPO tommorow, costs ya like 50$ or so, so when he violates that he goes to jail again. It also gives you a much firmer legal standing if he tries to push a confrontation again.

One last piece. If he tries to push a confrontation again, he's likely to come armed. I'd just try to stay out of his way for a while.

Back
Top Bottom