I am very unhappy with My Pet Chicken

ohhh ~ so that is why a laying hen has dirty ruffled feathers, and one that isn't laying has clean shiny feathers?

Thanks guys, I had no idea! {:>)=
~Red

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
:aww

LOL ~ well I KNEW hens could lay without a rooster, I guess I meant getting fertilized eggs ~ lol ~ ugghh ~ I had heard that you could tell if a hen was a good layer was if it's feathers were ruffled and dirty ( among other things, I also heard their vent was more of a white-ish, moist, & firm if they were in ~laying mode~), and that if a hen was past her laying years, she would have brighter, shinier feathers. I guess I just made laughingstock ~ lol,lol ~ oh well, someone's got to be it, may as well be me this time :-D But thanks for the answers folks ~ I DIDN'T have a clue as to what a saddle was, or it's purpose. ( Looked like a cute little coat ~ hehehe ~ I thought ~Wow, now that's spoiling your hen a bit,lol,lol )
{;>)=
~Red
~edited to add ~ I guess I have never seen a rooster *in action*, hence my uh... naitivity.

Last edited:
Quote:
Roosters feet and spurs can tear up a hens back when mating. The saddles protect the hens.
yippiechickie.gif

Man, I am glad Im not a chicken, I know most animals don't mate tenderly but I have never heard any that mate that vilently! Poor things
sad.png
th.gif

Quote:
You think thats cute check out the post called Chicken Sweater. Its the cutest thing Ive ever seen. You will laugh your but off.

Back
Top Bottom