I did it, I really did!!!

Mybackyardpeepers

Free Ranging
Mar 22, 2019
Michigan
I swallowed my fears and ordered chicks online! You wonderful people eased my mind about mail ordering chicks and I have 8, 3 are mine and 4 my daughter ordered scheduled to ship May 15th. I chose Meyer hatchery in Ohio which was recommended by people on here. Here is what I ordered... I also get a free surprise chick :celebrate I do have one question for people who order from them, what does the pink band mean? Thanks everyone who recommended them and for me to try mail ordering!
Screenshot_20190508-155843.png
Screenshot_20190508-155706.png
Screenshot_20190508-155404.png

Depending on the type of band it is ... you will need to monitor it so it doesn't get too tight and cut off circulation ... some people use colored plastic zip ties ... which need to be cut off when they get too tight from the chick growing, usually they install a new one, and leave it loose, to allow growing, then cut, and replace as the bird grows ...

As far as your chick, I'd leave it on for a few days, until your comfortable knowing which one it is, if that is important to you ... if it is rubber, it is not as critical to check it every few days to see if it is getting tight, but eventually it too will need to be removed.

Depending on the type of band it is ... you will need to monitor it so it doesn't get too tight and cut off circulation ... some people use colored plastic zip ties ... which need to be cut off when they get too tight from the chick growing, usually they install a new one, and leave it loose, to allow growing, then cut, and replace as the bird grows ...

As far as your chick, I'd leave it on for a few days, until your comfortable knowing which one it is, if that is important to you ... if it is rubber, it is not as critical to check it every few days to see if it is getting tight, but eventually it too will need to be removed.
Ok thanks, I will definitely remove it. No as long I can tell my daughters apart from mine I'm fine just removing it.

Back
Top Bottom