I got my cornish rocks today and a little extra surprise

Richard

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Antioch IL
well this time I decided to order my meat birds from a different hatchery.So I shopped around and found a very good price I got them for 91 cents each for cornish rock broilers straight run and only 6.90 for shipping so the total was only 29.65.I picked them up at the post office this morning I was concerned because they took 2 days to get here. Got them home and opened the box and they were all alive and well but very hungry and thirsty. But when I did a head count I found that they included an extra 27 cornish rocks with my order. I have heard of hatcherys including packing peanuts before but I cant belive that they threw in more than double the amount ordered. So now I am now trying to figure out how I am going to make room for an extra 27 birds .I raised 25 CXRs this spring and it got very crowded towards the end. I am in a total panick mode now I have no idea how to make this work

Wow that's alot of extras! Shishkabobs? Just kidding, maybe someone on here nearby you could buy your extras from you! You make some of your purchase $$ back and someone else saves by not having to pay shipping.
smile.png

Edited to add: If you wanted to sell the extras you could post them in the Buy/Sell/Trade section with your location in the subject line.

Last edited:
Can't help you with room but Cornish Rocks are a fat standard breed. Cull your
X's at 8 to 10 weeks and then your Rocks at 12 to 14 weeks. You'll have chicken
for a while.

Male birds don't have much value to the hatcheries. I just bought 50 from Meyers
for $25.

What hatchery did you use? If you are happy with them you should give them
the credit they deserve.

Quote:
no these are all broilers I have never heard of a standard breed cornish rock

Oh sorry. I misread. When you said packing peanuts I though you meant Plymouth
Rocks. I call the standard meat birds Cornish X or Cornish Crosses. Your hatchery
must have had too many or cancelled orders. Meat birds have been in high demand
this year.

What hatchery did you get them from???

Back
Top Bottom