I got these from my uncle and I need positive reinforcement

She's probably mostly sumatra but still a crossbred. As already stated, the single comb is incorrect, sumatras should have a pea comb. And she should be darker in the facial skin than she is. Ideally, sumatras show very little if any red in the face, the face should be very dark, known as gyspy in color, and the eyes should be very dark as well. Shanks and feet should be black with only the bottoms of the feet showing yellow. The body color in black should carry a beetle green sheen, not a purple sheen or dull lacking sheen (as some black will do). Her facial structure is pretty good, her head being fairly ideal for a sumatra. But regardless, that single comb disqualifies her as a potential show bird and the red she carries in her face would also cut her if all else was correct.

The other is an EE as was already said.

If you want a potential show bird, why not attend a show in your area and find a breed you are interested in, and talk to some of the exhibitors there showing that breed about acquiring some of their stock. Who doesn't like to talk about their chickens?! Often times, birds entered in the show can be bought right out of the show coop. Pay attention to what the score card says and keep that in mind if you get lucky enough to find one available to purchase. And remember, each show is a new day, each judge views a bird a little differently. BUT, major faults can't be ignored across the board and any fault like that will likely be noted on a score card. Some breeds are up against more competition, some of the lesser popular breeds will have less competition and that will reflect on their score card.

You have some pretty birds, even if they aren't worthy of the show hall.

Quote:
Thank You that is a very good idea but I cant find any shows in my area. Id love to get 30 r so Sumatras they are probabally my favorite and when my uncle gave her to me I got so excited but by the time i checked her all out I realized she wasnt.
he.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom