I Need Advice!

resurreccion858

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 31, 2010
san diego
alright i have a a little coop i bought from petco its about id say 3feet by 4 feet i have no idea. i bought it to serve as a temporary home for my 2 seramas. but suddenly a little vision kinda hit me on building like an enclosed area in my patio. (i live in an apartment).
heres what im working with.
the area im trying to work with is about 6 or 7 feet by 10 feet id say.
i was thinking if i put some plywood on the top to completely cover everything. and then i fix the ground and put some hay or something like that. and also include my coop i bought inside so they can climb in and rest. and then chicken wire the front . what do you guys think ? too far fetched?
hmm.png
i just feel like my seramas deserve a better home than this/
IMG_1427.jpg

I think covering that area with plywood would make it very dark.
Do you have predators to deal with?
and can you post a picture of the Petco coop?
Is money an issue?

For 2 Seramas I think I'd be thinking about a 6 ft chainlink dog kennel covered with something clear and a hardware cloth apron around it, if you have digging predators. Then put the little Petco coop inside. That way they'll be dry and safe. And if you ever move you can easily take it with you.

Good Luck
Imp- check out the coop section on BYC for lots of ideas.

Quote:
theres cats that roam around at night forsure.
and money is kind of an issue we cant really go all out on this. =/
were trying to make it safe and stable for our chickens.

I think it's a great idea, just use hardware cloth on top and in the winter put a heavy plastic over it, in the summer just partially cover the top with something to provide some shade.

Quote:
Dont you think this is a little personal.

Its not a personal question. How much does he/she want to spend on a secure coop. thats all.
roll.png

Is money an issue?

Dont you think this is a little personal.​

Not at all. Some of us want the best solution and others want the cheapest solution.
It is important to know all the facts to be able to make pertinent recommendations.​

Back
Top Bottom