I need help chicks are dying

They are pooping fine I've cleaned all the pasty butts. I can raise the lamp up.

Chicks have to have a cool down area----you can not heat the whole brooder----they will die from the heat

Think of a mother hen---only need a area about the size of a plate heated---or just one end of the brooder----the other end needs to be unheated and have the food and water on the unheated end so the water does not get to hot

I took the lamp down. I put it up because some would not go under the electric hen. They are in opposite corners and the water and food are In 2 corners on the opposite end. It is a big brooder.

I took the lamp down. I put it up because some would not go under the electric hen. They are in opposite corners and the water and food are In 2 corners on the opposite end. It is a big brooder.

Chicks will go to the heat---if they are cold. How big is a "big brooder"?

Was EVERY ITEM cleaned and free of any harmful bacteria and harsh chemicals before chicks were placed in brooder area?

The brooder is 5ftx4ft. Everything was cleaned except for the wood I made it out of.

The brooder is 5ftx4ft. Everything was cleaned except for the wood I made it out of.

Ok, check the temp under the heated area. You can place the food and water close to that area as long as its not in a heated area, You got a thermometer to check the temp with? What is the floor made of? Wire/wood? If wood, what type bedding are you using?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom