I really hope these barred rocks are girls

So if we order older, for sure females online, you think we can still get them friendly with us? We went with Barred Rocks because we heard they are good for beginner, relatively quiet and friendly.
Why not order chicks from a hatchery?
Ideal poultry hatches out on Wednesdays.

Where about are you located?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't pure bred. Which honestly I wouldn't care, but I don't want to do any more dealings with these people. Sad as it is, that's what I get for trying to go locally :/
People are shady.
They will tell you what ever you want to hear to make a buck.
:(

The comb on the one is scary but I don't think they are too light. I wouldn't rush to get rid of them just yet.

Definently look like 2 cockerels at least. Last batch we got(total of 7). All were supposed to be pullets, 1 was a pullet out of 7!!! dont go by wing length like the people i got them from.

Hey everyone! We found someone local willing to take them. I'm going to order 3 started Barred Rock pullets online. I've looked at the popular choices and am considering Meyer since they are closer to where I live so the shipping is vastly cheaper than Mypetchicken, Cackle Hatchery, and Murray McMurray. Anyone have experience with Meyer or any out companies they could suggest.

Thank you everyone again!

Back
Top Bottom