IA here

Quote:
If you set before noon I think you count that as your first day, if you set in the afternoon you don't start counting until the next day.

I have 4 Iowa Blue eggs developing! I hope they are all hens!!

Go Iowa Blues!!!!

Quote:
Sorry, Eric, but what are you hatching there? I was missing off of BYC for quite a while so kinda missed out.....if you don't mine re-explaining.
smile.png

Quote:
Sorry, Eric, but what are you hatching there? I was missing off of BYC for quite a while so kinda missed out.....if you don't mine re-explaining.
smile.png

Hi Joy;

We are attempting to hatch Twents Hoen, also called Freesian Gulls. You can find pics of them on feathersite.com These are the bantam variety. I am working on getting some bantam Brabanters as well. After being shipped so far, there are no guarantees but I have to give it a shot.

New Ia Blue roo picture and a picture of my Ia blue X maran pullet.

I just think he is soooo handsome but wish he would SHUT UP!

fakeblueducks010.jpg

The pullet - looks like a boxy Ia. Blue

fakeblueducks011.jpg

Quote:
wow, Iguess I understand why you kept him instead of the one I have. I just candled last week and my first 6 eggs from my pullet were clear , hope he gets down to business and gets her taken care of , so I don't just end up having to eat those eggs!!! The eggs from La. are all developing except one that was scrambled, they are supposed to hatch 6/7, so hoping for a good hatch!!!

Quote:
wow, Iguess I understand why you kept him instead of the one I have. I just candled last week and my first 6 eggs from my pullet were clear , hope he gets down to business and gets her taken care of , so I don't just end up having to eat those eggs!!! The eggs from La. are all developing except one that was scrambled, they are supposed to hatch 6/7, so hoping for a good hatch!!!

Just wait and see how handsome he is when I duct tape his beak shut
hide.gif

Quote:

Just wait and see how handsome he is when I duct tape his beak shut
hide.gif

gig.gif
They are a noisy bunch aren't they? I have 8 roosters total and 4 of them IA Blues. Those 4 sure make much more of a racket than the 2 Ameraucanas and 2 EEs!
One of my giant Cochin broodies just hatched 8 chicks - 4 IaBs and 4 IaB/Am crosses - and squished half of them as they hatched.
he.gif
They are so tiny and she is so big! And dumb apparently
sad.png
I'm beginning to worry the Cochins may not be good mamas for the IaBs. The babies run all over the place and I doubt the Cochins can keep up! My Welsummer broody who stole a nest from another Cochin hatched 3 IaBs sos far so good on them, but they don't stay very close. I think she'll do better with them.
roll.png

Got another bunch hatching in the Genesis right now - Project lavender Orps and IaB/Ams. 4 out and more pips
wee.gif
I just love my chickens!!!

Last edited:
I got home with a good starter flock of Partridge Cochins yesterday. Drove to Indiana (about 8 hrs each way) to pick them up. I will post pics in a few days after they have calmed down.

Back
Top Bottom