IDEAL Babies will be here in two DAYS!! (Today?)

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
Well, my order of 50 chicks are being shipped out today, and will arrive on Friday. I am soooo anxious & nervous at the same time!
I did get my brooder doors on and also installed the lights. Now I need to get the flooring done. Other than that. I think I am set. I THINK?!??!

Help me! Help me with a checklist??

250-watt bulb - CHECK
Temperature Gauge - CHECK
2 waterers (getting those today)
2 feeders (found one, need the other)
Marbles for waterers... (get those today)
Feed (buying today)

What else?

Last edited:
I'm assuming you have the brooder.
You have the brooder lamp that the bulb goes into, right?
big_smile.png

Pine shavings
Paper towels to go over the shavings
I'd get some Poly-vi-sol (no iron) just in case you get one that's sick or weak (baby vitamin section of any store)

And of course, the important stuff for you:
Comfy chair, for your endless hours sitting playing with chicks
Camera, so you can share pics with us

Yea! I'm a nervous wreck too. These are my very first chicks! Getting 10 silkies today. They are somewhere in shipment but the stupid USPS hasn't posted an update since 8 pm last night. They're coming Express so I thought that meant this morning! My daughter is standing by the door looking.

Have fun!

Quote:
Hhehheee!!!! Funny funny.

I have the two bulbs with the shields, I have the bedding, and just got the polyvisol today!!!
smile.png

Camera/chair CHECK!!!

Lisa,

Where are they coming from?

I hope this big storm tomorrow doesn't ruin it for you. I'll be praying for the planes to make it through.

They are expecting 1" to 3" of rain in Phoenix!... we normally only get .9 inches the entire month and we passed that two days ago.

Quote:
They are coming from Ideal. I called this morning, and she said they were getting them out this morning. But I never got an email about it.... hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom