If The World Were To End

Top Rooster

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 16, 2015
North East Oklahoma
This is a bit random but I was just watching the walking dead and I was wondering how would I feed my chickens? I wouldn't want to just kill them because I would want to get the most out of them through eggs up until they are old and don't lay. I am in a bit of a bad situation as the ground where I live is very bad it is quite rocky about 4 inches down and lots of shade except with rocky areas where trees don't grow well. I can't let them free range as people would find them and steal them but I have an area upstairs where they could go and away from predators/people. I do have a few peach and apple trees and tomatoes but that's it. Anyway just wondering how'd I'd feed them tell me how you would if know any way. Thanks.

P.S I'm not any prepper just curious in this situation.

Grow some clover under the fruit trees and start baling it...

Use the poo and feathers you gather from them to fertilize it...

Grow mealworms in a compost pile..

I don't know what the walking dead is... It sounds like something that if it occurred I don't think I would be thinking of chickens :oops:

* oh duh nevermind, the zombie show on TV, derrr :D

Last edited:
Chickens eat worst/ nastier things then pigs do. I've watched my chickens eat mice. I've found 1/2 eaten rats and their fellow chickens already in their coops the morning after I tucked them in bed.
I would just feed them zombies and give Negan the first egg to eat just incase.

Back
Top Bottom