Im gonna go for it!

Zylphrix

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 24, 2007
Hillsborough NC
heeheheheheeehehehehee
wee.gif
... Ive been building my coop and its almost complete .. its a small area to start with but I plan on expanding when its warmer.
If you cant tell im getting excited. .. One reason is the friend I was going to get adult chickens from called and invited me to go to a breeders place with him next monday (could be one of you) .. im not sure where we are going but I know its a couple hour drive .. the rest of the story is this .. my friend has convinced me to hatch some chicks, he has the incubator and whatever else I need but he has bad knees and a kinda bad hip so he cant get up and down easy. I was reluctant at first but im kinda excited about it .. I havent been researching breeding/hatching cause i didnt want all that investment in gear before I even got started ... also, ... I think he's got us lined up to get some real Maran eggs ..
jumpy.gif

Im definatley gonna need a bigger run! .. So far I think i want some Americana's, Maran's, and Rhode Island Reds ... any opinions?

Mark

Howdy neighbor!

You'll get no help here, only encouragement to GET MORE CHICKENS! LOL

And, whatever coop/run you have in mind, go ahead and double that.... hee hee

Doesn't matter what type of chickens you get - you'll enjoy them! And that hatching thing is quite addictive also...just giving you fair warning now...

ah, it's all over, you're hooked!!
big_smile.png
As for what breeds to get I guess it depends on what you're goal is, eggs, meat or just different breeds for fun etc. I started out just wanting a few laying hens, how all those Silkies, rare breeds, Frizzle NN combos got in my coop I'll never know...
roll.png

Just you wait until NEXT week, Zyl...

I've got eggs in the bator, and have already figured out how I can rig up the web cam in there for hatching day...

If that doesn't get someone hooked, I don' t know what would!!

Back
Top Bottom