I'm thankful for _________ this week.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fowltemptress, Oct 16, 2008.

1. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    I had this posted in the Jesus blessed my life this week thread, but I felt sort of like I was crashing a church function. I like the idea of saying what you're thankful for . . . that's always a nice, positive thing. There seems to be some friction over the religious aspect of that thread, so I wanted to start a thread with the same general idea, but that's more inclusive. I'm an atheist myself, but there are many things in life I'm grateful for. As for religious people posting here, I hope they feel perfectly free to say Jesus/Allah/Buddha/Satan/Odin or whoever or whatever has blessed them without feeling attacked, and I hope they'll be equally courteous to the non religious.

That being said, I'm thankful for the wonderful doctors who were found for my grandad, for the science that makes their job possible, and for the family members who gathered up enough money for the operation. After four years in a wheelchair, he can now walk . . . with a walker, of course, but that's nothing to sneer at. [​IMG]

2. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    My good health and the wonderful people in my life. Seems like nothing else matters with these two.

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, that's great! No small miracle there!

i am thankful this week for my wonderful family, for talking to one of my sisters for the first time in 9 years, and for all the creatures great and small who grace my life.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I am thankful for getting my full time job this week [​IMG] We really need the money to pay our bills!

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I am Thankful for the Eggs Cyn (speckledhen) sent to me out of her own will to do so to help rebuild my flock. Hopefully I will have a few babies soon Cyn, one BR egg has pipped! Bless you for being so wonderful! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  6. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am thankful for my family and all the love they bring to my life this week.

7. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i am thankful for my family, all of my animals, the food on my table, my job, and all the small things God does for me every day!

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I am Thankful for my wonderful children and grands, my dear husband, for his job that allows us to live well and still have a little to play on. I am thankful for my vineyard, orchard, honeybees and my garden that all over produced this yr.. thankful that we are no longer in a severe drought, That the only thing we have to do before I can get chickens is finish the run. That my old car and truck still run well, that I have a home And that even with all the stock market ups and downs --we have a secure retirement-that it is not effected by the markets. And for insurance and good health.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'm thankful for beer this week, or I'd have been sent to jail for murdering the inlaws that live with us... It's getting OLD. [​IMG]

10. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I'm thankful for finding Toni. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by