Impacted crop

Pics
Poor girl!

The crop should feel fuller after drinking. Keep re-checking every morning. Hopefully it will become unblocked.
I do feel that something else is likely going on as well, usually is when there's a crop issue. With mine, it's usually a reproductive disorder.
Ok so I’m the article it says not to make a hen with sour crop throw up or pour oil down their throat then it goes on to talk about treating a yeast infection. To treat the yeast infection it says to use miconazole found it the woman’s hygiene area. Would I use this to treat sour crop or is this if she has a yeast infection? She does not smell weird at All just like coconut oil but that’s predictable. Is there anything I can else I can do for her? What should she be eating because I do feel she has lost weight. Not more weight every day but once she got ill she lost a bit and has not continued to lose weight but she’s not her normal self.

Ok so I’m the article it says not to make a hen with sour crop throw up or pour oil down their throat then it goes on to talk about treating a yeast infection. To treat the yeast infection it says to use miconazole found it the woman’s hygiene area. Would I use this to treat sour crop or is this if she has a yeast infection? She does not smell weird at All just like coconut oil but that’s predictable. Is there anything I can else I can do for her? What should she be eating because I do feel she has lost weight. Not more weight every day but once she got ill she lost a bit and has not continued to lose weight but she’s not her normal self.

Also if I need to get miconazole what is the exact kind I need?
The yeast medication is to treat sour crop. Vaginal yeast cream.
You can still give her the coconut oil. The article says not to pour liquid oil down the throat (so they don't aspirate) you are giving her solid oil that she's eating. See the difference?

She can eat her wet mash.

The yeast medication is to treat sour crop. Vaginal yeast cream.
You can still give her the coconut oil. The article says not to pour liquid oil down the throat (so they don't aspirate) you are giving her solid oil that she's eating. See the difference?

She can eat her wet mash.
So which should I treat with? I will continue to give her coconut oil. Ok should I mix the mash and coconut oil or like the article says poop it into her mouth?

Her crop is still hard but not as Bulgy. Her poop doesn’t look like pure liquid but has a little more solid in it.

Attachments

• 52069BC6-EDC6-4EB1-ABD4-31C5DAE61AE4.jpeg
    52069BC6-EDC6-4EB1-ABD4-31C5DAE61AE4.jpeg
    929.7 KB · Views: 1
So which should I treat with? I will continue to give her coconut oil. Ok should I mix the mash and coconut oil or like the article says poop it into her mouth?
You can use the coconut oil and yeast medication at the same time.
I like to pop the coconut oil into the beak, but if she's liking it mixed with wet mash, then I would just leave it at that.

Her crop feels like a normal crop would at the end of the day after getting coconut oil twice and still softener once but it never fully emptied so I except it will be full in The morning ☹️

Back
Top Bottom