Inbox Viewer???? MODERATOR??

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by erijn5, Nov 22, 2013.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I keep getting windows popping up saying I need to download something to view my PM'S on here. Do I need to do this, or is this spam?? I clicked it and my computer told me it could do harm to computer. Is this true, or do I need to do it??

HELP PLEASE!

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

That is odd...

3. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    That is what I thought??

4. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    You don't need a viewer to read your PMs here.

I'd run some virus scans if it was my computer.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

You definitely shouldn't need anything to view PM's here other than to be logged in.

We have not received any other reports of this problem and we have thousands of people logging in throughout the day, so my guess is that it is something isolated to your computer.

6. Happy Feathers

Happy Feathers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2014
    East Podunk, OK
    I just clicked on the "View New Messages" icon and twice got ACE INBOX VIEWER. It said I needed it to view my PM's. It also said it could access everything on my computer and every webpage or site I visited! I didn't download it, clicked the search function here instead and found this thread.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sounds like a virus to me. Nothing is needed to view your PMs here. Scan the computer for viruses.

8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Ads that look like message notifications are pretty common. BYC's notifications are just a little link that says "Private Messages" with a number next to it. If the notification is flashy and obnoxious, it's best to not click it. :)

9. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO

x2

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/864318/the-download-ruined-my-computer/10#post_13061312

10. Bocktobery 10

Bocktobery 10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by