Incubating Duck Eggs: Is It Rotten?

There are no call ducks in the area. And the eggs are fairly large. Gracefulbantams said her Cayugas laid bluish eggs. I did a search online and couldn't find anything. Any other suggestions???

Quote:
roll.png
That is a myth. Birds have a poor sense of smell...and even if she sees you touching the eggs, chances are the mother would return once youre out of sight

Cayugas usually have a black film on their eggs.
It may be very light, or exceptionally dark.
tongue.png

My mallard, Buff, and Runner ducks all lay tinted green eggs. Mallard eggs are smaller and greener than the others though.
smile.png

What??? My slackers lay off white eggs. I was having a really hard time telling the khai eggs from the runner eggs from the buff eggs. (well, then the khaki died, so all I can go by now is shape).

I guess my girls just aren't very artistic
tongue.png

I looked up pictures of mallard eggs on the web, mine don't look like any of the pics I found. The eggs I have are obviously blue, like Ameraucana eggs. I think they're Cayga's; I saw one duck that looks like a Cayuga. So the babies will be interesting!

Like I said, Cayugas tend to lay BLACK covered WHITE eggs...

So... I couldn't tell you what they are without pictures.

Most Cayugas nowadays lay very little to none black over their eggs. Mine are from a hatchery, so they tend to have a light gray tinge over the shell which varies to a little bit darker, but usually it's lighter.

I'd have to say that these might just be mixed breeds or something. :hmm;;

I should've taken pics before I put them in the bator.
roll.png

I'm near central Oklahoma and we're about to supposedly get more snow than we have in years! I wish I'd taken more of the eggs now.
sad.png

Hi I have Rouens, Buffs and Indian Runners (fawn and white, blue and black) and depending on what they have been eating all of them at times lay blue eggs. Usually they lay darker ones when they are free ranging and ponding. Since they are separated in breeding pens and not getting as much greens as when they free range their eggs are not as blue as when they have access to the pasture and ponds.

Back
Top Bottom