Infected Comb?HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yowza Wowza

Sí Se Puede
9 Years
Sep 30, 2014
California
So noticed my hen got these yellowish bumps on her comb.. Very yucky. Help needed.
I will try to upload photos.

Thank you very much for the link!
My phone is unable to upload a photo. Gr!!...
I'll upload one when I can.

Dry fowl pox would affect the comb, wattles, face, and other parts of the body. I'm not sure that is what you are seeing, but they can appear very light, then tan, and darker brown as they scab. Mosquitoes transmit the pox virus, and unless there are complications such as wet pox in the throat, or eye infections, it usually goes away in 2-3 weeks. Iodine applied to scabs can help dry them up, but otherwise don't disturb the scabs (if it pox.) . Hopefully you can send a picture.

Dry fowl pox would affect the comb, wattles, face, and other parts of the body. I'm not sure that is what you are seeing, but they can appear very light, then tan, and darker brown as they scab. Mosquitoes transmit the pox virus, and unless there are complications such as wet pox in the throat, or eye infections, it usually goes away in 2-3 weeks. Iodine applied to scabs can help dry them up, but otherwise don't disturb the scabs (if it pox.) . Hopefully you can send a picture.
Do you think vetracin opthalmic would work on foul pox lesions?

Vetericyn is very good to use for treatment. Fowl pox is viral, but the Vetericyn should help fight bacterial infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom