Is high level vitamin b complex safe for ducks?

ameliabirch

In the Brooder
May 9, 2020
One of my 4 week old Pekin ducks are becoming bow legged. I started my giving him niacin but I want to act fast so he has a better chance of healing. I was going to pick up the high level vitamin b complex from TSC but in the details it says it’s only safe for cattle. Is that true? What should I do?

Attachments

• D2F95F46-DB03-490F-9D30-07BEE82F707E.png
    D2F95F46-DB03-490F-9D30-07BEE82F707E.png
    529.4 KB · Views: 285
One of my 4 week old Pekin ducks are becoming bow legged. I started my giving him niacin but I want to act fast so he has a better chance of healing. I was going to pick up the high level vitamin b complex from TSC but in the details it says it’s only safe for cattle. Is that true? What should I do?
I saw some people saying they gave it to their ducks and it worked. If that’s true, why are the product producers saying it’s only for cattle?

I saw some people saying they gave it to their ducks and it worked. If that’s true, why are the product producers saying it’s only for cattle?
And sheep and pigs.

Mostly, I think, because manufacturers hate off-label uses. It can lead to lawsuits. But if they write "use only as directed" they're functionally immune to that sort of thing. If you overdose your ducks (pretty hard, with vitamin B, but possible, I suppose) you can't sue.

"Each mL of sterile aqueous solution contains: • Thiamine Hydrochloride (B1) - 100 mg • Riboflavin (B2) - 5 mg • Niacinamide - 100 mg • Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6) - 10 mg • d-Panthenol - 10 mg • Cyanocobalamin (B12) - 100 mcg Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid and Benzyl Alcohol 1.5% v/v (preservative)

Back
Top Bottom