Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

That's what I'm finding. He's been such a constant in my life for so long that I can hardly imagine him not being here. 🥹
I know exactly how you feel. Have you decided on any sort of memorial for him? I found some really beautiful things online when I was looking for Maribelle.

I don't know if I want one. It seems like it would be worse to have a reminder to see.
It made me feel better to have her back home. And since I rent, I didn't want to bury her. I know it sounds silly, but if I ever moved, I didn't want her to be confused or wonder where she was and why I left her, which is totally on me. But I just couldn't do it.

On a lighter note...

Fergus, the rando LGD that showed up at my house about a month ago, was barking fit to raise the dead last night. I walked out, and he'd found an opossum in the yard. He was trying to play with it, and when it got angry and started growling and hissing, he got mad, so he'd alternate between wagging his tail and trying to boop it to angry barking all bristled up being completely ridiculous. Poor little critter just wanted to get away, but they aren't very fast, so I had to go put on mud boots and a pair of gloves. Sloshed through the yard, scooped him up like baby Simba, carried him to the fence line, and put him on a tree.
the lion king simba GIF

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

I don't know if I want one. It seems like it would be worse to have a reminder to see.
Yes and no. It's why we do collars on the Christmas tree for pets. We did the ceramic paw print thing for Copper too, and I made that into an ornament. It helps.

On a lighter note...

Fergus, the rando LGD that showed up at my house about a month ago, was barking fit to raise the dead last night. I walked out, and he'd found an opossum in the yard. He was trying to play with it, and when it got angry and started growling and hissing, he got mad, so he'd alternate between wagging his tail and trying to boop it to angry barking all bristled up being completely ridiculous. Poor little critter just wanted to get away, but they aren't very fast, so I had to go put on mud boots and a pair of gloves. Sloshed through the yard, scooped him up like baby Simba, carried him to the fence line, and put him on a tree.
the lion king simba GIF

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF
Love it. 🤣 Good boy, Fergus.

Back
Top Bottom