Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Hello, friends
I'm back with a sad life update. I made the decision to put down my geriatric cat, Napoleon. He would be 17 next month. Up until a few months ago, he was doing great and has had no health issues his whole life. But within the last few months he went blind, lost almost all his hearing, grew painfully thin, and now has been peeing outside the box. As much as it saddens me and hurts me, it's time to let him go. I have an appt for tomorrow night. Our vet friend will stop by and do it at our house so his last moments will remain peaceful.
I have cried so much the past couple days. This cat means so much to me. My cousin gave him to me as a birthday present when I turned 13.
16765616443986745988887467358953.jpg

He's very much a one person cat. I could pet him indefinitely and he would remain happy and enjoy it, but would only tolerate a few moments of affection from anyone else.
One of my favorite memories of him is how he seemed to know I was in some kind of distress when I was in labor with each of my kids and wouldn't leave my side. I had all my babies at home so he was present for each whole event. He would sit in the bathroom if I was laboring in the shower, and refused to get off the bed when I was pushing, even though he clearly didn't like the midwife in his space. 🤭
He is very special and I'm going to miss him dearly.
20221223_202751.jpg

20221217_145454.jpg

20221225_075150.jpg

I'm sorry Isa. Him headbutting you in those pics made me squishy. He was a sweet boy. There's a quote I always like when we experience loss.

“Nothing you love is lost. Not really. Things, people—they always go away, sooner or later. You can’t hold them, any more than you can hold moonlight. But if they’ve touched you, if they’re inside you, then they’re still yours. The only things you ever really have are the ones you hold inside your heart.”
― Bruce Coville

Hello, friends
I'm back with a sad life update. I made the decision to put down my geriatric cat, Napoleon. He would be 17 next month. Up until a few months ago, he was doing great and has had no health issues his whole life. But within the last few months he went blind, lost almost all his hearing, grew painfully thin, and now has been peeing outside the box. As much as it saddens me and hurts me, it's time to let him go. I have an appt for tomorrow night. Our vet friend will stop by and do it at our house so his last moments will remain peaceful.
I have cried so much the past couple days. This cat means so much to me. My cousin gave him to me as a birthday present when I turned 13. View attachment 3406859
He's very much a one person cat. I could pet him indefinitely and he would remain happy and enjoy it, but would only tolerate a few moments of affection from anyone else.
One of my favorite memories of him is how he seemed to know I was in some kind of distress when I was in labor with each of my kids and wouldn't leave my side. I had all my babies at home so he was present for each whole event. He would sit in the bathroom if I was laboring in the shower, and refused to get off the bed when I was pushing, even though he clearly didn't like the midwife in his space. 🤭
He is very special and I'm going to miss him dearly. View attachment 3406880
View attachment 3406883
View attachment 3406875
I'm so sorry Isa! I was going to try and say something meaningful but Colt beat me to it! Just know we love you and feel your pain❤️ (still say that last picture is frame worthy)

Hello, friends
I have cried so much the past couple days. This cat means so much to me. My cousin gave him to me as a birthday present when I turned 13. View attachment 3406859
View attachment 3406883
View attachment 3406875
What a special cat and a beautiful friend. That last picture of the two of you is adorable and a lovely way to remember him by.

:hugs

Hello, friends
View attachment 3406883
View attachment 3406875
:hugs

Can I ask if you know what start his downhill? It sounds a lot like my old dog when she got diabetes, especially with how fast it all started happening
Pretty sure, if Isa doesn’t mind me answering, that would be old age and tired from a life well spent

Hello, friends
View attachment 3406883
View attachment 3406875
I'm so sorry, Isa :hugs He lived an amazing life ❤️

Can I ask if you know what start his downhill? It sounds a lot like my old dog when she got diabetes, especially with how fast it all started happening
I don't know. He had lost some weight over the last year but not enough to warrant concern, but that greatly excelerated once he went blind. Not sure what caused the blindness, or even whether it happened gradually or suddenly.

Back
Top Bottom