Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I have a lot more experience
I was thinking that you had a lot more will-power. 😂 When I hungry shop, I suddenly want to buy every ingredient that I might need on a whim to make any of about 30 meals that I am craving at that moment.

And this just reminded me that I have used all of my ingredients that I had bought special to make lasagna to make other meals, so now I must re-buy all of those ingredients. 😅

I love that you go shopping with your family. I frequently go with my wife as well. I enjoy it.
I am only ever willing to go with one other person, and I use that person to push the cart and reach high items. Otherwise, I prefer to shop alone. When I am alone, I spend less than $50. If I have anyone with me, I tend to slow down in the store, which means I browse and think of all the nonsensical reasons why I should buy everything that has a price label. 🤣

I was thinking that you had a lot more will-power. 😂 When I hungry shop, I suddenly want to buy every ingredient that I might need on a whim to make any of about 30 meals that I am craving at that moment.

And this just reminded me that I have used all of my ingredients that I had bought special to make lasagna to make other meals, so now I must re-buy all of those ingredients. 😅
I make a menu and I shop to that. Helps cut down on the impulse buys.

I love that you go shopping with your family. I frequently go with my wife as well. I enjoy it.
Wifey and I have always shopped together. With her working again now it's even more important to us as we don't get as much time to spend together as we did before she went back. Bringing the kids along is really defensive. If they shop and pick things out, they can't complain we didn't get them stuff they wanted or would eat. :)

The grocery store is about 45 minutes away so I only go about once every two weeks. And it's a whole family affair since we typically go after church on a Sunday.
Usually Diego is the one to get away from the list and start buying random stuff, but it doesn't happen often.
I get lost on the way to our grocery store. Usually in aisle 7 of the liquor store that shares the supermarket's parking lot. 🤣

Edited to add: This is a real thing, but also intended to be a joke.

Back
Top Bottom