Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Handsome!
Thanks
Last breeding wasn't easy on me trying to get some kelso so I'm quite fond of him and his brother

20230128_154955.jpg
20230128_154404.jpg
20230128_154434.jpg

Are there boys in the coops with your girls? I just put Juicy’s oldest in with all 15 of my girls this morning and 7 of them ended up laying an egg today…I have no idea why but he must have really turned them on or something cause I was only getting an egg every other day before I put him in there.
View attachment 3388594
All of mine have males with them, except the Seramas. Which my friend calls Sirachas. Haha
Losing a dog sucks bad. I still get upset over a year later
Without a doubt. I’m hoping I feel better once she’s back home. And I have her memorial set up.

What a strange side effect for a sickness. I know quite a few people that didn't even know they had covid until they couldn't taste or smell
That's how we realized we had it in late 2020... couldn't smell Vicks! We were so thankful we had decided not to go to my parent's earlier in the day.
Covid didn't affect my taste or smell. I just couldn't breathe for like a month. Then 2 months later I lost about 40% of my hair volume. That was scary too.
It didn't affect my taste (except nothing tasted good for a couple of days, but that's not unusual if I'm sick.) I ran a high fever -- much higher than anyone else I know who had Covid. I'd say I lost more than 50% of my hair. That was the worst side effect for me, along with the "brain fog." The brain fog affected how I functioned for awhile...the hair loss mainly affected my pride....
It will come back. Mine finally did. Took a while though.
I'm still hoping mine will come back. I can tell I'm getting some back, but it's taking forever.
Handfuls at a time.
Me too! I didn't realize what was happening the first week or too. Then for the next several weeks I lost handfuls every day.

Man too bad we not airbnb'n and hosting guests

Crawfish with potatoes and corn

View attachment 3388850

Seafood platter
Stuffed crabs, catfish, oysters, shrimp, stuffed shrimp, hush puppies

View attachment 3388851

Dressed catfish poboy

View attachment 3388852

Dressed shrimp poboy

View attachment 3388853

Fried pickles and fries
Cole slaw and baked macaroni and cheese

View attachment 3388854

Doing it big in the swamp lol
Ever have something really weird that creeps you out? Like, you're not afraid of it, but you think it's gross and it gives you the heebie-jeebies?

Maybe?

I do.

It's crawdads. Bleh. Gross me out.

Yes, I know I'm crazy.

Back
Top Bottom