Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I wasn't going to continue the grossness but I found this.
tumblr_0484554dc7079e65fdd2039d759475f9_f19274be_1280-jpg.3318338

Sorry Isa. Now people. Sunshine and roses from here on.

You all are just reaffirming my choice to not buy fast food ever. It’s been about 5 years.

Imagine all the cockroach, fly, & rat contamination we’ve avoided!

Kids at my sons school were ranking fast food. KFC, McDs, Subway, Burger King, Taco Bell & Popeyes. When he told them he didn’t even know what they had except McDs, and he was like 5 the last time he had it, they thought he was joking. I’ll have to tell him the cockroach & rat story to tell his friends the next time they bring it up. 😂

You all are just reaffirming my choice to not buy fast food ever. It’s been about 5 years.

Imagine all the cockroach, fly, & rat contamination we’ve avoided!

Kids at my sons school were ranking fast food. KFC, McDs, Subway, Burger King, Taco Bell & Popeyes. When he told them he didn’t even know what they had except McDs, and he was like 5 the last time he had it, they thought he was joking. I’ll have to tell him the cockroach & rat story to tell his friends the next time they bring it up. 😂
It would be amusing to see their reactions to that! It been years since I've eaten at a fast food place, my wife has good childhood memories of eating at some of those places so she still wants to at times, even knowing what she does about them. Me being the considerate husband that I am I tend to humor her, although she's the only one eating. I just sit and watch her or at times she'll get to-go. I flat refuse to eat the junk, also because, well because it's junk edibles, you can hardly even reasonably call it food.

My kids are very young yet (oldest is 7) so right now that haven't had a problem or feelings of deprivation from not eating junk. I try to make substitutes and find acceptable alternatives if I know there's going to be snacks after church and stuff. Regardless of them not having a problem with it yet, I have still told them that when they're older, they can make their own food choices, but I have to make those choices for them right now because it's especially important since they're growing.
We have pizza usually once a week and we all went to chick-fil-a once because we had s gift card, but otherwise, we don't eat fast food.

My kids are very young yet (oldest is 7) so right now that haven't had a problem or feelings of deprivation from not eating junk. I try to make substitutes and find acceptable alternatives if I know there's going to be snacks after church and stuff. Regardless of them not having a problem with it yet, I have still told them that when they're older, they can make their own food choices, but I have to make those choices for them right now because it's especially important since they're growing.
We have pizza usually once a week and we all went to chick-fil-a once because we had s gift card, but otherwise, we don't eat fast food.
Pizza is the acceptable junk food! 😂

95% of the time we make our own, but if we are running around and get stuck, I would much rather order a fresh pizza from a local place than go to order fast food.

Back
Top Bottom