Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC
schitts creek party GIF by CBC
I'll poop before I get there, so no worries. 😇

Ok mandatory chicken content time. This girl has been sitting in the nest box almost constantly for at least 3 days. I didn't get a chance to observe her Friday or Saturday so I don't know about those days. Her comb is a bit purple and flopped over, when it's always been red and fairly upright.

20230606_193854.jpg

I picked up and there was no obvious weight loss or weird bumps or lumps or creepy crawlies, and she was certainly active while I was trying to hold her. She's not a "pick me up" kind of bird and was not happy about it. She squakwed at me for a solid few minutes afterwards and then was growly and grumpy. Pecked and scratched around bit, had a bit of water, a couple bites of grass just outside the open run door and then went back inside the coop. Another odd thing is she's been puffing herself up like this. She's quite slender like a leghorn, not broad or plump at all.

20230606_194637.jpg

So do I have a broody on my hands, a potentially sick bird, or just a pmsing chicken?

Ok mandatory chicken content time. This girl has been sitting in the nest box almost constantly for at least 3 days. I didn't get a chance to observe her Friday or Saturday so I don't know about those days. Her comb is a bit purple and flopped over, when it's always been red and fairly upright.

View attachment 3531744

I picked up and there was no obvious weight loss or weird bumps or lumps or creepy crawlies, and she was certainly active while I was trying to hold her. She's not a "pick me up" kind of bird and was not happy about it. She squakwed at me for a solid few minutes afterwards and then was growly and grumpy. Pecked and scratched around bit, had a bit of water, a couple bites of grass just outside the open run door and then went back inside the coop. Another odd thing is she's been puffing herself up like this. She's quite slender like a leghorn, not broad or plump at all.

View attachment 3531755

So do I have a broody on my hands, a potentially sick bird, or just a pmsing chicken?
Sounds broody to me. Put something round in front of her and see if it disappears under her inna few hours

Books, art and most electronics don't make the cut. They can be replaced. Same with bedding, stuffies for the most part, make up, and outfits
I have a duck ton of band merch. It’s all in storage so I don’t even really look at it but I still think I would miss it. Most can’t be replaced since they broke up or limited runs or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom