It's official, I hate that dog.

Quote:
Same thought here - Why did you have to compromise, and not he has to compromise? You get rid of whats yours - he gets to keep his - NO compromise there. Both you keep what yours, and both learn to deal together - now that is compromising.

Betta just be careful. In the postings you made when you were with your husband, you were making compromises and getting rid of your animals. We just want you to think things through and be happy.
Slinky

You might try an umblilical cord for a few days if you are home with the dog. Just tie one end of the leash to your pants and the other end to your collar. Then just go about your daily chores. She'll get the idea you are alpha.

On second thought you might be a lot better off to rehome the dog AND the boyfriend. It is much better to be single than wish you were.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Surely he meant the bf!
big_smile.png

An umbilical is a good idea if you want to stay in that situation. It is extremely bonding.

personally i agree with others about the bf issue.

comments like "well if you dont want your pilow to smell like dog take your pillows off the bed" well...

now with my ex bf he DIDNT like dogs, but he understood, get me, get my dogs...
however he didnt like dogs IN the bedroom...
i told him i wasnt willing to budge on that, i like my sleep and i know if i locked them out of the room id not get any...
so i told him instead of sleeping on the bed, id crate them in the bedroom...
THIS is a compromise...

getting rid of your beloved pets because someone doesnt like them isnt a compromise, thats them getting their way and you get what in return? some guy whos going to undermine you at every turn about his DOG...

in the case of your cat you had other reasons to rehome i suppose...but to get rid of your pet for a partner? heck no, and personally id be a little worried about how he reacts, the fact he doesnt back you up when correcting the dog if it missbehaves is troubling...

again with my ex...
if the dogs misbehaved he wanted to scream and hit...i told him if he ever laid a hand on my dogs id show him what it felt like...then taught him how to PROPERLY correct the dogs...
again, compromise...
your bf should be doing the same thing. if he doesnt like the way you handle a certain situation he should say so and show you how better to aproach the dog rather than undermining you and confusing the poor dog.

im glad shes listening better to you, dogs WANT a strong leader and clear boundries...
but id personally also be having a sit down with the bf and discussing this with him as it sounds like this is just a "point" for a much deeper problem...

Has it occurred to you that perhaps the BF enjoys the fact that the dog does not respect and obey you? The fact that he undermines your efforts is an indication that he does. This power struggle is a preview of coming attractions. Are you SURE he is worth it?

Back
Top Bottom