I've been bitten ! 😱

Pics

Crestcrazy2

🕷spooder lover🕷
Apr 29, 2020
Missouri
I was walking around my yard looking for a piece of bark to put in an aquarium and started running toward the wood pile , and of course I just had to be bare foot at the time, and I got bitten by a COPPERHEAD !
My mom blended up some plantain and applied it , but I just want to hear your opinion ! ? !

Thanks in advance
Josh

I'm not convinced this isn't a troll...
Having DOCTOR assess it and determine if treatment is needed or not is the best option, not being examined by google.
If you were lost in the forest or stranded in the desert, then doing self treatment would make more sense.
Most treatments need to be started right away, not a day later after the venom has had so much time to work it's magic.
https://www.woolsleepingbag.com/how-to-treat-venemous-snake-and-insect-bites-naturally/

I'm not convinced this isn't a troll...
Having DOCTOR assess it and determine if treatment is needed or not is the best option, not being examined by google.
If you were lost in the forest or stranded in the desert, then doing self treatment would make more sense.
Most treatments need to be started right away, not a day later after the venom has had so much time to work it's magic.
https://www.woolsleepingbag.com/how-to-treat-venemous-snake-and-insect-bites-naturally/

Me either.

Copperhead venom is haemotoxic, which means destroys/deteriorates all soft tissue it comes in contact with. Extremely painful.

One cannot simply fix ignorance

I live on a very rocky, south facing hill. If you look in the encyclopedia for copperhead terrain, there is a picture of my back yard !!! :rolleyes:

If I ever get bit, my personal plan is to go directly to the ER. All three of my dogs have been bitten by copperhead at least once, one got it twice that I know of ..... One almost died, but recovered fully.

Dogs seem to do better than people with an envenomated bite. I took her to the vet, who said "there is basically nothing I can do for her, besides give pain meds, and antibiotics" Antivenin is not widely available, EXTREMLY expensive, and from my research, (I've done a TON of research) is quite often, more dangerous than the bite itself.

Look it up.

I PERSONALLY would refuse antivenin treatment, until the seriousness of the bite was confirmed by an doctor educated in snake bites.

Infection, however is a concern, and an educated doctors opinion is most definitely a good idea.

Take the following advice for what it is ..... Some random guy on the internets opinion !!!

That being said, there are some home remedies that I would also do, before my long trek to the hospital. My first action, minutes after a bite, would be to apply a high voltage, low amp, series of shocks, from a device like this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LED421Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I always carry this exact product, one in my pack, one in my car, and one in my house, for just this situation. This is a very controversial treatment, but from my extensive research, is a treatment that I personally would apply ..... ON MY WAY TO THE ER !!!

There are MANY studies that show the drastic lessening of necrotic damage in people who receive this treatment within an hour or so of the bite, and a HUGE decline in deaths from snake bites. There are also MANY doctors, mainly in the U.S., who scoff at this, as it is NOT approved for use by the USDA.

PLEASE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, AND DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION !!! AND PLEASE READ ALL OF THE PROS AND CONS, FROM BOTH SIDES.

My second action would be to apply a plantain poltice, made with my own saliva, packed in the bite, and wrapped with a bandage to hold it in place. This would be done after the shock treatment, and ON MY WAY TO THE ER !!!

About half of copperhead bites are dry, meaning little to no venom is injected. Again, from my research, older, larger snakes are more prone to bite, without injecting venom. BUT I WOULD STILL GO THE ER !!!

@Crestcrazy2 As a Registered Nurse, you have no idea how lucky you were yesterday. Not to sound like a jerk, but you could easily be dead or not have a leg today. Snake bites are nothing to stop and think about or look up on the stupid net. Next time get someone to drive you to the hospital ASAP. I am so glad you are okay, you really dodged a bullet!!

Back
Top Bottom