Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

My eggs should be hatching late Thursday, early Friday. I may have just ordered 20 more eggs... 8 mixed silkies and 12 barnyard mixes and wyandottes in a surprise box. Was going to order some olive riggers as well but she was asking $20 just for shipping which seems nuts to me. They should be shipping Wednesday. I may order some more, but I dunno yet. Off to stalk the swap.

hit.gif
i was worried for one of my day 18 egg and was candling, my son was visiting and about to leave- I went to put egg back and dropped it. my first ever dropped egg.

Last edited:
My eggs should be hatching late Thursday, early Friday. I may have just ordered 20 more eggs... 8 mixed silkies and 12 barnyard mixes and wyandottes in a surprise box. Was going to order some olive riggers as well but she was asking $20 just for shipping which seems nuts to me. They should be shipping Wednesday. I may order some more, but I dunno yet. Off to stalk the swap.

you may have ordered??? lol
I needed that little laugh
smile.png

this isn't hatching related but there are so many smart people here I hope you can help me....

so I have a Faverolle chick who hatched 1 day early and has messed up feet. I put chick sandals on her when she was about 18hrs old. she has had the sandals changed daily since then. I also noticed she started leaning on her left leg a lot with the sandals. So I bound the 2 legs together with flexible Vetrap so that she didn't start splaying the other leg out.

Last night when I re-made her sandals the feet just didnt look any better. I had her walk around and she really can't. the feet curl under her toward the inside and she favors the left side.

So last night I put her in a chick chair so she would not use her legs/feet and they would hopefully grow in the correct direction. Today I took her out of the chick chair and I noticed she has a sore on her right "knee" joint. it could be an injury or it could be from rubbing in the chick chair? I don't see what it could rub on, her chick chair is made of a plastic yogurt cup that is totally smooth inside. Maybe this injury was there before and I never noticed it? I dont see how because I look at her legs and feet every day multiple times a day.

so I cleaned the sore with iodine and AB ointment. it is also noticeably swollen.
I felt the joint and as far as I can tell, the tendon is not slipped. I have a very hard time feeling it though. I tried straightening her leg and pushing the joint onto the leg, if it was slipped maybe I pushed it on, but I really have no idea what I am feeling for or if I am feeling a slipped tendon or not. I dont think it is slipped but I could be wrong. I have not dealt with one before.

what else should I do for her?

Back
Top Bottom