Janoel 12 Egg Incubator

Hi, thank you for that information. I have wrongly altered the HU setting and am wondering if anyone can have a look at their HU reading which I assume initially was set by the factory.

I wonder if you could look to see the number of your HU reading as need to reset mine.

Press SET for 3 seconds, + or - to HU and press SET again and you will see a figure. That's the one I am after. DO not + or - while in HU mode, it will return to the temperature automatically.

6412CB11-E864-4690-BFDF-8E1A1F260A9E.jpeg
One out so far!

Thank you for your reply much appreciated, I think your right with the humidity side.

I wonder if you could look to see the number of your HU.

Press SET for 3 seconds, + or - to HU and press SET again and you will see a figure. That's the one I am after. DO not + or - while in HU mode, it will return to the temperature automatically.

Your help would be appreciated as I have just set 12 No. Rhode Island Red bantam eggs today.

Thank you Colin.

Ah I may not be much help on that end, I’m riding in a car right now and my incubator is put up in the closet.:hmm I didn’t really pay much attention to any readings from the incubator itself since those are usually way off anyway. I just relied on my second thermometer/hygrometer.

@ButteCA are you familiar with changing the HU settings on this machine yet?:caf

That's the same incubator I used for my first hatch! Was considering a Brinsea but tried some cheaper eggs on this model to see if an upgrade was worth it.

For adding water I used a syringe so I didn't add too much at a time. Didn't know about removing the top tray for lockdown but I got 8 to hatch from it so far.

I used this small thermometer/hygrometer to make sure the temperature/humidity was right. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PQ4RM7O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, if the lid isn't on the incubator exactly in the middle then you might lose some humidity unexpectedly so you might want to check it on the sides with both hands to make sure it's centered perfectly.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting to adjust the humidity. I've added water...but since its on a different menu and I always forget the lettering I never get to it.
I thought HU had something to do with humidity when I first got one of these, I'm on my 3rd. There is no humidity setting or hygrometer with these units. The HU is a limit setting...of some sort I think. Years back I found a youtube video of all the settings explained in detail, not sure I remember it precisely. I do know there is no humidity control for these incubators. I added my own hygrometer thermometer...I live where I am always fighting to keep my humidity down before lockdown. Seems most folks depending where you live are try to get humidity up...

Thank you all for your help it is much appreciated. I have 12 No. Rhode Island Red bantam eggs in my Janoel 12, candled them last Sunday and all looking good and 8 days to go. Watch this space !!!

Back
Top Bottom