Age-of-Goositude

Songster
Dec 4, 2017
Oregon
Hello this is where I will be introducing each individual member of my flock and showing off the progress of their area that's going to be fenced, any houses built etc I will start off with a little at a time. Everyone will have at least three photos and any general info I have on them. This sanctuary I have called Jude's Safe Haven is all out of pocket and not yet a non profit. Wish me luck on my venture and I hope you enjoy getting to know my babes.

First, Let me introduce you to one of my indoor outdoor guys, he is almost a year old, is completely blind on one side and appears to have cateracts on the other. He is a bantam Cornish game with quite an attitude. With people he is very docile, loves held and petted and to sleep next to you but when he is outside he tries fighting everyone that moves. He is in a bantam pen with many ladies silkie, Serema, and another Cornish and is pretty happy being the tough guy boss but has been seen even trying to challenge hens between fences. I snuck him into a football game before and he stood up and alarm called at the pledge of allegiance, no one noticed though. He loves dancing and would be very insulted if you tried crowing after he does, he makes you aware you are insulting him and corrects you by crowing instead because he is a winner.
FB_IMG_1539361214500.jpg
IMG_20180820_143015847~2.jpg
IMG_20180915_133019862.jpg
IMG_20180823_211345609_LL.jpg

This lovely older girl is Lily she was dumped in a retirement community at a pond where she was ignored by the wild geese and shot at with BB's and chased by dogs. She was there for two years, a resident there noticed she was limping and got in contact with someone I knew who contacted me. My s/o and I went and got her and brought her home, apparently her knee bone seems to be twisted so she is forever limping, she was afraid and very hungry. She made friends fast with my imprinted girls Judy and Regina, someone probably loved her a whole lot before they left her there all alone. She is very content now and has been with me since 2019. She is chatty and always expects to be hand fed, even though she keeps up with everyone just fine.
IMG_20180329_190328428.jpg
IMG_20180329_190346804_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180329_190335218.jpg

Hey, this handsome little guy is named Charming, he is all grown up now but here is the photo that was with his ad and some soon after he is absolutely the sweetest and pals around with his best friend, a paint silkie rooster named Barnaby. He was free because they couldn't have boys I believe and I got him in a YMCA parking lot. He loves cuddling but lately has been hormonal and trying to outwit his good friend Barnaby, he is gonna be a year old this year as well. He is kinda muddy but has been enjoying playing outside and kicking around a little cat toy a ball with a bell in it. <3
FB_IMG_1526176806341.jpg
FB_IMG_1526496525228.jpg
IMG_20180519_115756231.jpg

My geese won't ever be rehomed unless it's an emergency and i can't keep them anymore because I won't separate them and I thoroughly screen any potential adopters. It's very hard for me to say yes or be certain because I used to adopt out all the time to what seemed to be nice people. I jave spent hundreds on a pair of geese for veterinary billsbjill for someone to take them home and slaughter them, same with a few roosters. Or people will adopt hens from me and flip them for money in a week. I had someone hold onto two of my geese for me telling them if you have any problems just send them back to me, they said they gave them away and won't sent me photos or tell me where they are at. I wish I could feel comfortable adopting out like that but 98% of my experiences have been bad.

This is Judy she was born May 31st 2014, the only surviving egg of a clutch I thought she was rotten too so her egg was in the incubator with a hole poked into the air sac when I saw she was developing I put tiny holes in some tape and put it over the hole, after 5 days of that she hatched. She grew up in my basement room. I lived in town with my mother and sisters and my 3 house geese (including her). She had free reign of the room and was easy to pick up after aside from when she was wearing sock diapers which I learned how to make on here. Judy has always been especially sassy she loves to play fight similar to a puppy my geese had lots of toys to play with when they were inside and still do and I buy toys for all my fowl for outside because it does entertain some of them sometimes. Judy loves watching Sesame Street 25th anniversary it is on VHS(I have a special collection of movies just for them too) she would honk allot and get excited whenever she saw the tape in my hand, it had allot of yellow on it. They even would sometimes stop and eject the movie. Judy loves cuddling up and watching her dad play computer games too, even though she is imprinted on me she prefers him. She stays with the main flock now because more than anything she wants to be like her month older adopted sister who is her very best friend. Judy is the bravest of them all, chunky, small, and spicy as ever. She is a tufted Roman x brown Chinese cross.
FB_IMG_1547262184647.jpg
FB_IMG_1547262528753.jpg
FB_IMG_1547262385658.jpg
FB_IMG_1547262256891.jpg
IMG_20181014_145211316.jpg
IMG_20181014_145213169.jpg

This is Judy she was born May 31st 2014, the only surviving egg of a clutch I thought she was rotten too so her egg was in the incubator with a hole poked into the air sac when I saw she was developing I put tiny holes in some tape and put it over the hole, after 5 days of that she hatched. She grew up in my basement room. I lived in town with my mother and sisters and my 3 house geese (including her). She had free reign of the room and was easy to pick up after aside from when she was wearing sock diapers which I learned how to make on here. Judy has always been especially sassy she loves to play fight similar to a puppy my geese had lots of toys to play with when they were inside and still do and I buy toys for all my fowl for outside because it does entertain some of them sometimes. Judy loves watching Sesame Street 25th anniversary it is on VHS(I have a special collection of movies just for them too) she would honk allot and get excited whenever she saw the tape in my hand, it had allot of yellow on it. They even would sometimes stop and eject the movie. Judy loves cuddling up and watching her dad play computer games too, even though she is imprinted on me she prefers him. She stays with the main flock now because more than anything she wants to be like her month older adopted sister who is her very best friend. Judy is the bravest of them all, chunky, small, and spicy as ever. She is a tufted Roman x brown Chinese cross. View attachment 1639793 View attachment 1639794 View attachment 1639795 View attachment 1639796 View attachment 1639797 View attachment 1639800
PS Judy loves warm showers over bathing outside it took her forever to get used to bathing outside.

This is Midna a friend gave her to me when she was 9 years old, she will be turning 13 years old this year. She is mischievious and leads the other muscovy girls on dangerous ventures. She would do anything for a chip and young Chai looks up to her like a mother or Aunt. Midna is not very people friendly but she will come over to you if you have something to offer. As a past time she likes to chase rubber ducks I throw.
IMG_20180512_193925115.jpg
FB_IMG_1547263357234.jpg
FB_IMG_1547263894976.jpg
FB_IMG_1547263887439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom