July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Up to 3, 2 isabel, 1 gold laced chocolate

Attachments

• 20220630_180938.jpg
    20220630_180938.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 2
Oh,, and @junior67 you ready to candle with me tonight? I'll try to post some pics if I can get any good ones. No guarantees. I'm so excited! Can't wait to look and see what's going on with them.
Ya. I was going to try to wait till my candler came tomorrow but I am too impatient so will peek at some tonight. Lol

Oops....just totally "accidentally" ordered another dozen eggs from Gypsy Hen. Got 6 Self Blue Ameraucanas and 6 Blue/Black Birchen Marans. My 6 yr old daughter is SOOOO excited for some lavender babies! She already has naming rights for 2. I told her I'm naming the rest tho. Her first suggestion was Fluffy...🙄 They're shipping out Monday so I don't have to freak out all weekend again, and should be here by Wednesday, I think. I hope they fit in the incubator...hmm....may have to do some stuffing I think, lol. Dang. I think I totally got hatching fever again. Now all I need are some Bielefelders and my chicken collection will be complete! Will probably order those after all these guys have hatched. Whooo! Babies everywhere! Hubby's gonna kill me, lol.
That is funny. One of the sellers that I got eggs from that are set now mixed up my order. She offered to make it right by sending out the right ones and extras on Mon and I would have them Wed.... So we could have hatched those together too. But mine is over stuffed and if any of these ones develop even if there is room I can't set in same incubator to hatch 10:days apart

That is funny. One of the sellers that I got eggs from that are set now mixed up my order. She offered to make it right by sending out the right ones and extras on Mon and I would have them Wed.... So we could have hatched those together too. But mine is over stuffed and if any of these ones develop even if there is room I can't set in same incubator to hatch 10:days apart
Yeah, that's what makes me so happy to have a 2nd incubator, lol. I can set eggs whenever I want. I like to do all the days up til lockdown in the one that already has eggs in it, but use my old LG still air (which doesn't have a turner) for hatching. Want a newer, better bator, but for now it works.

Yeah, that's what makes me so happy to have a 2nd incubator, lol. I can set eggs whenever I want. I like to do all the days up til lockdown in the one that already has eggs in it, but use my old LG still air (which doesn't have a turner) for hatching. Want a newer, better bator, but for now it works.
Having 2 would be dangerous for me. I am already over what I should have for chickens in my coop but most are still chicks and it is summer so they are mostly in the run. I will have 11 to find homes for before these hatch... Well 2 already have a home, I have someone else that wants 2. The 2 roos need a home... Then the 5 little babies should be pullets so should be easy to find homes.

Having 2 would be dangerous for me. I am already over what I should have for chickens in my coop but most are still chicks and it is summer so they are mostly in the run. I will have 11 to find homes for before these hatch... Well 2 already have a home, I have someone else that wants 2. The 2 roos need a home... Then the 5 little babies should be pullets so should be easy to find homes.
:oops:My new coop is big enough for 60 chickens and only has 10 in it so far....and 3 or more of those 10 are not going to be kept, so....gotta fill it up, right?

Oops....just totally "accidentally" ordered another dozen eggs from Gypsy Hen. Got 6 Self Blue Ameraucanas and 6 Blue/Black Birchen Marans. My 6 yr old daughter is SOOOO excited for some lavender babies! She already has naming rights for 2. I told her I'm naming the rest tho. Her first suggestion was Fluffy...🙄 They're shipping out Monday so I don't have to freak out all weekend again, and should be here by Wednesday, I think. I hope they fit in the incubator...hmm....may have to do some stuffing I think, lol. Dang. I think I totally got hatching fever again. Now all I need are some Bielefelders and my chicken collection will be complete! Will probably order those after all these guys have hatched. Whooo! Babies everywhere! Hubby's gonna kill me, lol.
No way! That’s awesome. :wee

:oops:My new coop is big enough for 60 chickens and only has 10 in it so far....and 3 or more of those 10 are not going to be kept, so....gotta fill it up, right?
I wish!!!! I talked my husband into an 8x8 coop thinking it had plenty of room ... Beginning of year 2 and it is full. Lol. I am trying to talk him into expanding the run though. And at some point getting a smaller coop from my boss.

Right now I have 27, but 6 of them are only 1-2 weeks old, then 2 are 7 weeks, and 12 are 11 weeks. The other day my husband told me if I wanted to keep all the pullets, no more roos, he thought they would all fit.... I told him they would not. Lol. I got extra of the 11 week olds planning to only keep 7-8. The babies I didn't plan on keeping. Then keeping a couple of the ones I hatch.

Back
Top Bottom