July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Oh my! Candling at lockdown plans canceled.

I have two early birds -- egg #2 and egg #17 have externally pipped. They aren't due until Sunday!

I picked an egg up to put it into the carton to carry it to my closet and heard it cheeping.

I looked more carefully at all of them and found another also pipped.

Chicks in a hurry!

I was told that for my Australorps I should aim at the darkest possible blue with good lacing but I couldn't resist keeping a beautiful, pale girl that I call Silver. It's such a lovely color -- as nice as lavender but without the feather-quality issues.
Would love to see a photo of her! You really don’t see the lacing in the Silkies.
Two of my darker blue girls that I’ve actually just sold!😊
01A4FB93-8F9C-4029-B414-F5C9BCF321CF.jpeg

Would love to see a photo of her! You really don’t see the lacing in the Silkies.
Two of my darker blue girls that I’ve actually just sold!😊View attachment 3170725

Let me find a photo,

Here's a group photo with Silver in the middle of the group and my other, lighter-but-not-that-light girl in front.. You can see how she contrasts with some of the darker blues.

My BlA cockerel, the dark pullet behind him, and the dark pullet behind the Brahma are supposed to be the most desirable coloring. (Rameses actually has better coloring and lacing than the picture in the hatchery catalog).
0621221845b.jpg

Let me find a photo,

Here's a group photo with Silver in the middle of the group and my other, lighter-but-not-that-light girl in front.. You can see how she contrasts with some of the darker blues.

My BlA cockerel, the dark pullet behind him, and the dark pullet behind the Brahma are supposed to be the most desirable coloring. (Rameses actually has better coloring and lacing than the picture in the hatchery catalog).
View attachment 3170727
Gorgeous flock you have there!❤️

Let me find a photo,

View attachment 3170727
I can see why you are keeping her. Beautiful! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom